Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As the title says, ... Simplex displayed a 90, ... high pitch using stock Field setting, about 4 inches down, a thick band having roses around it. I'm digging smaller holes, sometimes no hole at all, just cracking the earth to stick the carrot in now that I'm interpeting the area correctly to where 'Pinpoint' is on the coil. Overall, this Simplex finds the smallest items, DEEP! I've got 3 piles of clad coinage and zinc pennies, of which 5 are severely corroded and a pile of pull-tabs. I am very happy with the Simplex. My Wife is happy too, ... she got the ring and loves it :)

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Richard! Post a pic of the ring when you can.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nothing like a happy wife. Congratulations on the ring.:icon_thumright:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SD is right. We need a pic of your finds. Its like running a for sale ad with no pic. It won't get any attention. Post er up!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your First!:headbang:

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I'm gonna try posting a pic later, ... the Wife is sleeping now as the ring is on her finger. Never posted a pic, this should be fun. Thanks for the encourgment.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rose ring.jpg
Ok, Here is the ring, it has two stamps/hallmarks inside the band, hard to decern. I gotta find someone who can see better than me.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The markings are OMA and 925

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do some research online to see if you can track down that Hallmark/Makers mark, but at least you know you have 925 silver. Nice.

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find OP!

I found a fairly unique silver ring a while ago, it was bent but I thought "oh cool, maybe it's old!" since it was at a site that once had an old homestead on it. Of course the same site also has a newer house built close by... Looked online a little bit and found the exact ring being sold on Amazon (new) for $30. So much for my antique silver... :laughing7:

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that OMA is German for Mother/Grandmother. OMA was found to have a site selling silver rings and other items. They rings were smaller and I couldn't find a '5 Rose' ring like the one found

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find.:icon_thumright: My ATP brought in silver rings in the mid to high 80's. It will be interesting to see the gold range on this machine.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! And it's not a frog:laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the nice ring! :occasion14:

vicvector

Apr 8, 2020
Shasta Lake CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Nokta Simplex+ with headphones, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find my friend. Have you had the ring appraised by a jeweler ?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job glad to hear you both can enjoy this hobby together. The good thing is she found it its better than you finding it and having to hand it over LOL My 2 Daughters would take all my jewlelry and the better 7/8s had me sell alot of my gold for a 1800 dollar water heater I hide them now........Tommy

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Viic,

No, but I did find a similar one on-line selling for $40

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As the title says, ... Simplex displayed a 90, ... high pitch using stock Field setting, about 4 inches down, a thick band having roses around it. I'm digging smaller holes, sometimes no hole at all, just cracking the earth to stick the carrot in now that I'm interpeting the area correctly to where 'Pinpoint' is on the coil. Overall, this Simplex finds the smallest items, DEEP! I've got 3 piles of clad coinage and zinc pennies, of which 5 are severely corroded and a pile of pull-tabs. I am very happy with the Simplex. My Wife is happy too, ... she got the ring and loves it :)
I haven't found any silver with the Simplex yet but I'm sure I will.Most of the silver I've found is in Mercury Dimes,and my wife grabs them up to put in a collection as soon as she see's them! Like the Song, "She crazy about a Mercury"! LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread