What periferals/add ons etc. work with Simplex ?

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might find an external battery pack, not much else. Its going to be interesting to see if Nokta dresses up the Simplex with add-ons, ... I'm sure its digging into sales for the more expensive Nokta and others.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might find an external battery pack, not much else. Its going to be interesting to see if Nokta dresses up the Simplex with add-ons, ... I'm sure its digging into sales for the more expensive Nokta and others.

Thank you sir. I got an email reply from Detector Pro saying that they do not presently have Grey Ghost Amphibios for the simplex, but that they are considering it.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The external battery pod will not work on the Simplex. It will not operate power up the Simplex. The Simplex does not having the switching circuit, which is reserved for the upper end models. External power supplies can only be used for charging the Simplex.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Simplex optional coils are out yet, but will be soon.
Nokta Makro has an external battery pack and waterproof headphones our for the Simplex. I'm pretty sure the AA battery case is compatible, but not listed yet.
https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessoire/nokta-makro-waterproof-headphones/
https://www.noktadetectors.com/acce...ld-kruzer-tmd-101-waterproof-aa-battery-case/

Thank you sir. To date I have read that Nok Mak are testing out a couple of smaller, and one larger, coils for the Simplex. After hearing some complaints of low volume from the Nokta water proof headphones, I bought some with a little concern. Turns out that it was baseless. I have perfect volume level from those waterproof phones, and I was only on level two of four. I was inside, but if I had good volume with two more levels left, my worries are alleviated. The new toy is ready and waiting for spring and later water hunting now.:icon_thumright: I really want a battery pack back up though.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The external battery pod will not work on the Simplex. It will not operate power up the Simplex. The Simplex does not having the switching circuit, which is reserved for the upper end models. External power supplies can only be used for charging the Simplex.

How disappointing. I guess that I will be dragging along my ATP when going to a remote spot.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Simplex should give you at least a full day of detecting when fully charged. If you are not going to have access to electricity for more than a day or two, just pack in a large capacity (10000 mah or greater) USB power bank you can use that to charge the Simplex overnight or on the way to your detecting location should you forget to charge overnight. No need for AA backup packs in this day and age. In the age of everyone having a cell phone, you can even pick these power banks up in a backwoods convenience stores.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Simplex should give you at least a full day of detecting when fully charged. If you are not going to have access to electricity for more than a day or two, just pack in a large capacity (10000 mah or greater) USB power bank you can use that to charge the Simplex overnight or on the way to your detecting location should you forget to charge overnight. No need for AA backup packs in this day and age. In the age of everyone having a cell phone, you can even pick these power banks up in a backwoods convenience stores.

Looks like you and Sven are way ahead of me. I vaguely heard of power banks in the past, and had zero mental connection to them and this machine. I'll scoop one up off the big river as a back up. Thanks to both of you.:icon_thumleft: I should get a little one for the wardens phone also. She can leave it in her purse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread