What periferals/add ons etc. work with Simplex ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard Guy
  • 1 Post By NWMP
  • 3 Post By dave_e
  • 2 Post By SvenS
  • 2 Post By vferrari
  • 1 Post By NWMP

Thread: What periferals/add ons etc. work with Simplex ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Nov 2009
    Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    383 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What periferals/add ons etc. work with Simplex ?

Can someone please give us information on what optional coils, back up battery packs, water headphones etc. are available for, or work with, the Simplex. I realize that the Nokta water phones are available, but I saw complaints of low volume and no adjustability. Of course volume level is subjective. Thank you.

us
    whisperer

Dec 2019
    Northern Virginia
    Whites 6000D Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter 202, Nokta Simplex+ WHP
    128 times
    Metal Detecting
    You might find an external battery pack, not much else. Its going to be interesting to see if Nokta dresses up the Simplex with add-ons, ... I'm sure its digging into sales for the more expensive Nokta and others.
    SanMan likes this.

ca
    Nov 2009
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Guy View Post
    You might find an external battery pack, not much else. Its going to be interesting to see if Nokta dresses up the Simplex with add-ons, ... I'm sure its digging into sales for the more expensive Nokta and others.
    Thank you sir. I got an email reply from Detector Pro saying that they do not presently have Grey Ghost Amphibios for the simplex, but that they are considering it.
    SanMan likes this.

Aug 2015
    Nokta Impact, Nokta Makro Simplex +, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Ace 350
    155 times
    No Simplex optional coils are out yet, but will be soon.
    Nokta Makro has an external battery pack and waterproof headphones our for the Simplex. I'm pretty sure the AA battery case is compatible, but not listed yet.
    https://www.noktadetectors.com/acces...of-headphones/
    https://www.noktadetectors.com/acces...-battery-case/

ca
    Oct 2008
    Ontario
    Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
    42 times
    The external battery pod will not work on the Simplex. It will not operate power up the Simplex. The Simplex does not having the switching circuit, which is reserved for the upper end models. External power supplies can only be used for charging the Simplex.
    Nokta/Makro Impact, Kruzer, Anfibio, now the Simplex

Check out my Treasure Hunting website
    http://www.treasurelinx.com

ca
    Nov 2009
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_e View Post
    No Simplex optional coils are out yet, but will be soon.
    Nokta Makro has an external battery pack and waterproof headphones our for the Simplex. I'm pretty sure the AA battery case is compatible, but not listed yet.
    https://www.noktadetectors.com/acces...of-headphones/
    https://www.noktadetectors.com/acces...-battery-case/
    Thank you sir. To date I have read that Nok Mak are testing out a couple of smaller, and one larger, coils for the Simplex. After hearing some complaints of low volume from the Nokta water proof headphones, I bought some with a little concern. Turns out that it was baseless. I have perfect volume level from those waterproof phones, and I was only on level two of four. I was inside, but if I had good volume with two more levels left, my worries are alleviated. The new toy is ready and waiting for spring and later water hunting now. I really want a battery pack back up though.

ca
    Nov 2009
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenS View Post
    The external battery pod will not work on the Simplex. It will not operate power up the Simplex. The Simplex does not having the switching circuit, which is reserved for the upper end models. External power supplies can only be used for charging the Simplex.
    How disappointing. I guess that I will be dragging along my ATP when going to a remote spot.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7328 times
    The Simplex should give you at least a full day of detecting when fully charged. If you are not going to have access to electricity for more than a day or two, just pack in a large capacity (10000 mah or greater) USB power bank you can use that to charge the Simplex overnight or on the way to your detecting location should you forget to charge overnight. No need for AA backup packs in this day and age. In the age of everyone having a cell phone, you can even pick these power banks up in a backwoods convenience stores.
    Last edited by vferrari; Feb 12, 2020 at 04:47 PM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

ca
    Nov 2009
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    The Simplex should give you at least a full day of detecting when fully charged. If you are not going to have access to electricity for more than a day or two, just pack in a large capacity (10000 mah or greater) USB power bank you can use that to charge the Simplex overnight or on the way to your detecting location should you forget to charge overnight. No need for AA backup packs in this day and age. In the age of everyone having a cell phone, you can even pick these power banks up in a backwoods convenience stores.
    Looks like you and Sven are way ahead of me. I vaguely heard of power banks in the past, and had zero mental connection to them and this machine. I'll scoop one up off the big river as a back up. Thanks to both of you. I should get a little one for the wardens phone also. She can leave it in her purse.
    vferrari likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links