Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roughly 15 hours until battery needs charging. The official battery pack add-on is coming soon. It will take 4X AA batteries.

Unsure of price for replacement at repair center - figure that will trickle out into the public once the repair center starts taking them in (a few years from now).

OP
OP
jwm45

jwm45

Sep 5, 2011
south texas
Detector(s) used
,f-5,simplex 2.68: simplex + 2.78
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you jwm45

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my unit I have two questions on the average how long does the battery last,and is there any other way to attach another different battery system and avoid sending the unit off ? Hmmmm almost forgot what does it cost to mail detector and get a new battery installed?Thanks guys jwm45

Get a Power Bank and connect it to the Charge Cable and then to the Simplex. Should work - that's what I'll be doing if I buy one and forget to give it a full charge on an outing.

Last edited:

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No optional Nokta/Makro battery pods for the Simplex.

Last edited:

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No optional battery pods for the Simplex. External battery supply will not power the Simplex they can only be used to recharge the Simplex battery. The Simplex circuitry does not include a switching device to allow an external battery to be used for operation. That option is only available on the other upper end models.

From the manual:

Operating with a Powerbank
You can also power and charge the battery with a powerbank. To do this, just insert one of the ends
of the cable supplied with the charger to the wired headphones / charger input socket and the other
end to the powerbank. Please note that you will not be able to attach wired headphones to the device
when a powerbank is attached to the device.
IMPORTANT! Do NOT use the detector underwater while connected to a power bank.
-DH-

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent a message to Dilek at Nokta. To clarify about the external battery pod made for the other models and about the Simplex using an external battery source to power the Simplex.

Last edited:

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a Power Bank and connect it to the Charge Cable and then to the Simplex. Should work - that's what I'll be doing if I buy one and forget to give it a full charge on an outing.

Here's a video showing that an External PowerBank will charge the Simplex and power it for use at the same time.

Nokta Makro Simplex Top 5 Tips for Beginners (2020)

-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread