My brief use of simplex

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in pa a lot of iron etc, anyway I use park or field, machine does seem to be a deep detecting machine. Only thing is target I’d is to jumpy regardless of which angel I swing at. Doesn’t stay on a number solid rarely. So look the fact is for the price there’s no machine out there can compare, none folks, don’t bullshit yourself especially your loyalist. Battery last longtime, light, reliable, nice light. So trust me I use it no reason to lie I’m not a paid user by no means

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot seems to have do with swing speed. The Simplex likes a faster swing speed. The Simplex also reports everything the 11" coil is swung over. The Simplex does not discriminate out like other machines. When you notch out a particular numbers. The Simplex just turns off the audio report of the target. It does not really filter the target out from being detected. So there is no depth loss. The notched targets still are number ID'd on the screen. So you will see jumpy numbers on the screen. Always listen to the tones first. Don't look at the ID screen. Many overseas detectors from Europe are chatty and of high gain circuitry which guys on this side of the pond are not used to. They are run into the circuit noise to eek out the most best performance. Something you learn about when using the Teknetics T2.............. The Simplex is an excellent detector, even tho its rated as an entry level detector, it will take some time to get used to, its not your typical mild mannered beginner machine.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate the factual opinions. Very simple folks if in doubt bend down dig it, no machine is close to perfection, none. Zero, brand loyalty bothers me, if the dam product is real deal by all measures then hey u have something special. Basic or advanced machine you must learn the tones, numbers help, but there isn’t a detector than can keep pull tabs and certain metals from giving you a good feeling. Simplex is a good machine it goes the extra inches, if u like to finagle your minelab 800, or xpdeus go for it at 800 to 1000 bucks, but I got bad news even you will not dig everything that you should, be open minded great job

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The build quality is way better than most detectors, even those costing many times more. The Park mode is super fast and the Field mode is super deep. It still balances well even with the large search coil. I've owned and used the AT Pro and I prefer the Simplex over it. To top it all off it's waterproof and cost around $250 dollars. WOW! The downside is, I still prefer my Deus, Equinox and CTX 3030 more, so I'll probably let it go.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread