Yee Hah!! I was finally able to get my order placed for a new Nokta Simplex+

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woo Hoo!!!! Finally got the order placed with a Texas dealer. I'll have it in my hands Thursday morning at 11:30.
EDIT: I was recently contacted regarding shipment and have been notified that my Simplex+ will be here tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. I am totally stoked man! :grin:

Man, I feel like a kid in a candy store!

I'm expecting great finds and lots of pictures and the stories to go with them.

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck with the new detector. The Simplex seems to be a great little detector at any price.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome you will be happy with it look forward to seeing your finds. Good luck. Tommy

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a great machine for the money but it has it's little issues like anything else.

The tone break in Park mode is not U.S coin friendly and it seems to not agree at all with the Garrett Carrot....no matter what freq. you choose.

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great machine for the money but it has it's little issues like anything else.

The tone break in Park mode is not U.S coin friendly and it seems to not agree at all with the Garrett Carrot....no matter what freq. you choose.

Thanks for the info. I have been researching videos and other forums for as much information as I can find / get and was told the same thing. I won't be using the Park Mode unless it is for testing and as for the noise issue, I use a GP Pointer and a DR.OTEK Pinpointer and have been assured that the frequency shift will work if needed. We shall see.

Cheers.
-DH-

I have all the time in the world, providing a bus doesn't fall out of the sky and land on me, to try different settings. The soil where I live is atrocious in town but, get outside of town and it gets better.

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simpex+ arrived just minutes ago and wouldn't ya know it...

it is a watery mess outside as well as it's FREAKIN' cold out!

Nokta Makro Simplex+_0001.JPG Nokta Makro Simplex+_0004.JPG

Figures! Oh well, I have to charge it up anyway.

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. It's an easy one to put together.:icon_thumright: Funny, mine came fully charged. Now I just have to chain saw a two foot wide trench in some lake shoreline ice.:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. It's an easy one to put together.:icon_thumright: Funny, mine came fully charged. Now I just have to chain saw a two foot wide trench in some lake shoreline ice.:laughing7:

Mine appeared to be fully charged but, when I hooked up the charger, it showed charging. It only took 45 minutes to fully charge it.

And, yes, it was very easy to put together.

No Chain Saw here - if it ever gets that cold down here I'm moving. :)

Cheers.
-DH-

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brrr. Do not envy you. :)
-DH-

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guys are "pushing" me to buy one to keep in the car! :tongue3:

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are "pushing" me to buy one to keep in the car! :tongue3:

Me pushing you ===========>>>>>>>>> :)

Every time I take it out I still find it hard to believe that it detects coins as deep as it does.

At first, I had a bit of trouble getting it set to find anything by rusty old nails and bits of aluminium cans but, after a few outings I was able to "tweak" it to my area. Here I have to GB (around my home) about every 15 to 20 feet to ensure that it detects objects correctly. However, now that I am more used to it, I can run it over an entire gravel driveway and not have to change any settings. Once I move into a grassy area, I have to GB and readjust my sensitivity some. It is still worth every penny and is spot on once you figure it out.

It's a fresh water beach monster, UH, if you want to clean out all the pull tabs. LMAO Seriously though, I ran it all day at a FW beach and forgot to do a GB and paid for it dearly - my back was fried from all the pull tabs (new and old) that I dug. I also forgot to set my sensitivity. I learned a hard but well deserved lesson that day! Depending on how wet the sand is, I can simply put it in Beach Mode and set my sensitivity down to three bars and it does fine up to just under 14 inches.

As has been mentioned in other posts it does seem to give off some high tones on trash but, a quick look at the TID numbers will help with that. On occasion I will get high TID numbers and Mid Tones - I have figured out that this is multiple objects close to each other but I'm still learning what the objects are. When it does hit multiple objects, and when I'm paying close attention to the detector and not to what is walking by on the sidewalk, sometimes I can tell if there is a coin buried with the trash. This is my problem as I am used to the tones of my more expensive detectors and, in this case, more is NOT better. If I would of known back then what I know now, I would have bought detectors that had similar TIDs and VDIs as well as like tones for similar settings. But, hey, where would the fun in that be, right?? :snicker:

Oh, almost forgot.... here is another push! ==================>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheers PoE.
-DH-

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion being I have one is, nothing out there beats this unit for the price so that’s a fact. Park or field depends, I notice I’d numbers jump around real bad, so I dig most I don’t mind, honestly everyone out there regardless of experience digs more bad than good if not they lying, deep yeah that’s for sure. I wish I can offer more, but 250.00 u can’t complain. YouTube videos r great help but u have to pick and choose because some r dealers and r not unbiased. So use your best judgement

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions