Yee Hah!! I was finally able to get my order placed for a new Nokta Simplex+
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree25Likes
  • 6 Post By Diggin' History
  • 3 Post By RustyGold
  • 3 Post By A2coins
  • 1 Post By HighVDI
  • 1 Post By Diggin' History
  • 3 Post By Diggin' History
  • 2 Post By Rob, Ohio
  • 2 Post By NWMP
  • 2 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By Diggin' History
  • 1 Post By 49er12

Thread: Yee Hah!! I was finally able to get my order placed for a new Nokta Simplex+

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Diggin'

Jan 2020
    Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
    589 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Yee Hah!! I was finally able to get my order placed for a new Nokta Simplex+

Woo Hoo!!!! Finally got the order placed with a Texas dealer. I'll have it in my hands Thursday morning at 11:30.
    EDIT: I was recently contacted regarding shipment and have been notified that my Simplex+ will be here tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. I am totally stoked man! :grin:

Man, I feel like a kid in a candy store!

I'm expecting great finds and lots of pictures and the stories to go with them.

Cheers.
    -DH-
    Last edited by Diggin' History; Feb 04, 2020 at 01:54 PM.
    ALL of my comments are my opinion(s) and, as such, mine - whether deemed factual or false by any third party.

If I offend anyone, it is NOT intentional and, a PM should be directed to me for discussion.

Shh, don't tell anyone but, I left the Corona Bottle Cap I found at the bottom of the hole... buried!!!

Molecular phylogeny of the major arthropod groups indicates polyphyly of crustaceans and a new hypothesis for the origin of hexapods.

I have a Water Pistol and I know how to use it!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9265 times
    Good luck with the new detector. The Simplex seems to be a great little detector at any price.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    40704 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Awesome you will be happy with it look forward to seeing your finds. Good luck. Tommy

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 89 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member

Feb 2017
    Pa
    4227 times
    Metal Detecting
    It's a great machine for the money but it has it's little issues like anything else.

The tone break in Park mode is not U.S coin friendly and it seems to not agree at all with the Garrett Carrot....no matter what freq. you choose.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    Diggin'

Jan 2020
    Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
    589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    It's a great machine for the money but it has it's little issues like anything else.

The tone break in Park mode is not U.S coin friendly and it seems to not agree at all with the Garrett Carrot....no matter what freq. you choose.
    Thanks for the info. I have been researching videos and other forums for as much information as I can find / get and was told the same thing. I won't be using the Park Mode unless it is for testing and as for the noise issue, I use a GP Pointer and a DR.OTEK Pinpointer and have been assured that the frequency shift will work if needed. We shall see.

Cheers.
    -DH-

I have all the time in the world, providing a bus doesn't fall out of the sky and land on me, to try different settings. The soil where I live is atrocious in town but, get outside of town and it gets better.
    RustyGold likes this.
    ALL of my comments are my opinion(s) and, as such, mine - whether deemed factual or false by any third party.

If I offend anyone, it is NOT intentional and, a PM should be directed to me for discussion.

Shh, don't tell anyone but, I left the Corona Bottle Cap I found at the bottom of the hole... buried!!!

Molecular phylogeny of the major arthropod groups indicates polyphyly of crustaceans and a new hypothesis for the origin of hexapods.

us
    Diggin'

Jan 2020
    589 times

Simpex+ arrived just minutes ago and wouldn't ya know it...

it is a watery mess outside as well as it's FREAKIN' cold out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nokta Makro Simplex+_0001.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	727.6 KB 
ID:	1798443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nokta Makro Simplex+_0004.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	1798445

Figures! Oh well, I have to charge it up anyway.

Cheers.
    -DH-
    Last edited by Diggin' History; Feb 05, 2020 at 12:30 PM.

us
    Jul 2009
    Hamilton, OH.
    8 times
    Metal Detecting
    Mine arrived yesterday, looking forward to better weather. Winter sucks!
    RustyGold and Diggin' History like this.

ca
    Nov 2009
    Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    383 times
    Cool. It's an easy one to put together. Funny, mine came fully charged. Now I just have to chain saw a two foot wide trench in some lake shoreline ice.
    Last edited by NWMP; Feb 06, 2020 at 12:20 PM.
    Diggin' History and RustyGold like this.

us
    Diggin'

Jan 2020
    589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMP View Post
    Cool. It's an easy one to put together. Funny, mine came fully charged. Now I just have to chain saw a two foot wide trench in some lake shoreline ice.
    Mine appeared to be fully charged but, when I hooked up the charger, it showed charging. It only took 45 minutes to fully charge it.

And, yes, it was very easy to put together.

No Chain Saw here - if it ever gets that cold down here I'm moving.

Cheers.
    -DH-

us
    Diggin'

Jan 2020
    589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMP View Post
    Brrr. Do not envy you.
    -DH-

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    32914 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    You guys are "pushing" me to buy one to keep in the car!
    Diggin' History and RustyGold like this.

us
    Diggin'

Jan 2020
    589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    You guys are "pushing" me to buy one to keep in the car!
    Me pushing you ===========>>>>>>>>>

Every time I take it out I still find it hard to believe that it detects coins as deep as it does.

At first, I had a bit of trouble getting it set to find anything by rusty old nails and bits of aluminium cans but, after a few outings I was able to "tweak" it to my area. Here I have to GB (around my home) about every 15 to 20 feet to ensure that it detects objects correctly. However, now that I am more used to it, I can run it over an entire gravel driveway and not have to change any settings. Once I move into a grassy area, I have to GB and readjust my sensitivity some. It is still worth every penny and is spot on once you figure it out.

It's a fresh water beach monster, UH, if you want to clean out all the pull tabs. LMAO Seriously though, I ran it all day at a FW beach and forgot to do a GB and paid for it dearly - my back was fried from all the pull tabs (new and old) that I dug. I also forgot to set my sensitivity. I learned a hard but well deserved lesson that day! Depending on how wet the sand is, I can simply put it in Beach Mode and set my sensitivity down to three bars and it does fine up to just under 14 inches.

As has been mentioned in other posts it does seem to give off some high tones on trash but, a quick look at the TID numbers will help with that. On occasion I will get high TID numbers and Mid Tones - I have figured out that this is multiple objects close to each other but I'm still learning what the objects are. When it does hit multiple objects, and when I'm paying close attention to the detector and not to what is walking by on the sidewalk, sometimes I can tell if there is a coin buried with the trash. This is my problem as I am used to the tones of my more expensive detectors and, in this case, more is NOT better. If I would of known back then what I know now, I would have bought detectors that had similar TIDs and VDIs as well as like tones for similar settings. But, hey, where would the fun in that be, right?? :snicker:

Oh, almost forgot.... here is another push! ==================>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheers PoE.
    -DH-
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    A-Team = Reasearch and Recovery Team. If you don’t care about the past generations of centuries ago, then your current thought of today will always be incomplete, it all matters folks.

Aug 2013
    Steel city
    Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
    551 times
    My opinion being I have one is, nothing out there beats this unit for the price so that’s a fact. Park or field depends, I notice I’d numbers jump around real bad, so I dig most I don’t mind, honestly everyone out there regardless of experience digs more bad than good if not they lying, deep yeah that’s for sure. I wish I can offer more, but 250.00 u can’t complain. YouTube videos r great help but u have to pick and choose because some r dealers and r not unbiased. So use your best judgement
    Diggin' History likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links