This may be a premature or unfair question but.......
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Joseph2867
  • 1 Post By Richard Guy
  • 2 Post By gravityboy
  • 1 Post By NWMP

Thread: This may be a premature or unfair question but.......

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Nov 2009
    Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    383 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

This may be a premature or unfair question but.......

What do you folks with some Simplex experience under your belt, and having owned/used a Garrett ATP, feel about the two machines for overall depth. I know that this is really early for a comparison like this, but I am wondering if the Simplex is (generally overall deeper) than the ATP? Thank you.

us
    Joe

Dec 2018
    NW Georgia
    Garrett AT Pro, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
    66 times
    Relic Hunting
    I have had the simplex now for 4 months and like many things about it..and Iíve compared the ATP with it on numerous things including depth and discrimination..the ATP 5x8 coil will slightly outreach the simplex..people will say Iím making this up but I assure you I am not making this up or bashing another brand..it is what it is
    RustyGold and CalReg like this.
    If it ain't under your feet you won't hear the beep

us
    whisperer

Dec 2019
    Northern Virginia
    Whites 6000D Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter 202, Nokta Simplex+ WHP
    128 times
    Metal Detecting
    something about the simplex depth, ... way deep targets can 'report' without a TID. apparently there is an update coming that will enhance this unit even more if thats possible. very happy with choosing this detector.
    Slowtaknow likes this.

ca
    Nov 2009
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    383 times
    I have taken my Simp out 2-3 times now for a real whirl. I kept it half sens, original park mode (I put upgrade 2.77 on it but keeping it basic until I learn more). I find the machine easier to hit our larger coins (one/two dollar/clad quarters) with than the ATP, because the numbers are different (higher). Some rusted beer caps are fluttering around that zone also so I have to learn the nuances yet. The ground here is just beginning to thaw more than a few inches so I may or may not be able to check a few old parks for real depth. But I am having fun with the Simplex so far and no obvious complaints about it.

us
    Jul 2018
    Virginia, USA
    Whites 4900Di Tesoro Tejon Garrett AT Pro Nokta Fors CoRe Makro Racer 2 XP Deus Minelab NOX 600
    33 times
    In my Northern Virginia moderately mineralized soil I'd say the Simplex with the new 2.77 "extreme" sensitivity cranked up is definitely hitting targets the ATP cannot. However it is not hitting targets as consistently at depth as a Nox or ATMax. As impressed as I am with the recent software update I still don't get as confident a beep as I would like on deep targets. I can hit a Colt pistol ball at 10" and get a whisper of a Minie at 11-12" but I doubt in the field I'd dig all the beeps that sound like they do in my mature test garden. There is something about the Simplex tone that doesn't scream 'dig me' on the faint targets (I don't bother with VDI around here due to the mineralization). Still, for $300 there is nothing out there that comes close...
    Richard Guy and Slowtaknow like this.

ca
    Nov 2009
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gravityboy View Post
    In my Northern Virginia moderately mineralized soil I'd say the Simplex with the new 2.77 "extreme" sensitivity cranked up is definitely hitting targets the ATP cannot. However it is not hitting targets as consistently at depth as a Nox or ATMax. As impressed as I am with the recent software update I still don't get as confident a beep as I would like on deep targets. I can hit a Colt pistol ball at 10" and get a whisper of a Minie at 11-12" but I doubt in the field I'd dig all the beeps that sound like they do in my mature test garden. There is something about the Simplex tone that doesn't scream 'dig me' on the faint targets (I don't bother with VDI around here due to the mineralization). Still, for $300 there is nothing out there that comes close...
    Thank you sir. I am starting to use the machine in Field mode, in a hard hit park, and an actual field, albeit relatively briefly. In my lack of long term experience so far, it is showing depth. But it also seems to high tone a lot on rusted iron. And it loves old rusted beer caps, high toning on them. Rusted iron is my current challenge.
    gravityboy likes this.

ca
    Nov 2009
    383 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph2867 View Post
    I have had the simplex now for 4 months and like many things about it..and Iíve compared the ATP with it on numerous things including depth and discrimination..the ATP 5x8 coil will slightly outreach the simplex..people will say Iím making this up but I assure you I am not making this up or bashing another brand..it is what it is
    My last few whirls through an old pounded park with sweet black loam soil with the Simp in Field mode, one tick down from max sens, and ground ballanced, gives me the same impression so far. Maybe the small pure old copper penny was angled or on edge, but I got a scruffy choppy signal that was underwhelming. I put my Lesche digger into hole and finger guard was level with top of hole. I hope that I'm wrong and just too inexperienced with the machine. Maybe I have to give Park one more more of a chance. I got disgusted with all the rusted caps I was digging with high tone, in Field mode, in that park.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links