I have figured out why the Simplex+ was developed and manufactured. It's so...

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you're getting some alone time with that Simplex DH! Also I appreciate you posting your experiences on the forum. Hope you continue to do so, I for one find it quite helpful and I try to post my experiences also when I can. I have also noticed that the Simplex has an affinity for those dumb bottlecaps, but after listening closely to the signal and watching the numbers you can usually tell. Often I'll still dig them just to make sure I'm not missing anything good, but if the signal is a little scratchy with jumpy numbers, even if it's a 90 I can usually tell it's a bottlecap. I have no doubt you'll soon be able to tell the difference also, sounds like you're on your way already.

Thanks especially for posting the ID's, I have been trying to accumulate some of that information myself and have not seen a whole lot of it online. Looking forward to seeing what else you find with your machine!

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you heard anything on when/if they are going to release a small coil for it. I thought I read in a post somewhere that it was in the works.

Cheers.
-DH-

DH,......

I am doing my best,....

I am working with a coil making company that turn out a "Very Good" product,......

They have looked at the Simplex,........... I'll keep you guys informed.

Currently I'm doing product testing and evaluation for them, love the units they produce,.....

All I can say at this point,...... that Simplex coil,...... tough nut to crack.

Hang in there, doing all I can on my end.

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a bit odd hunting with the Simplex+. Bottle Caps were showing in the Nickel range of my Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 (32 to 36) and, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why... until I got home and pondered it a bit. DOH... I forgot to Ground Balance when I got to my favorite park!

Silly Man, Ground Balancing is for SMART Detectorists! :)

Posting in Today's Finds shortly.
-DH-

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good run down on the Simplex DH. I ended up selling my Simplex and I’m just concentrating on the Nox and my Deus.
I would like to try the Vanquish 540 as soon as I can buy it with just the smaller coil. Good luck out there!

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good run down on the Simplex DH. I ended up selling my Simplex and I’m just concentrating on the Nox and my Deus.
I would like to try the Vanquish 540 as soon as I can buy it with just the smaller coil. Good luck out there!

I will be doing the same test with the Vanquish 540 sometime in the near future (when things settle down). Then I will take the Simplex and the 540 back out to do an in-ground test on the same targets. I though I was going to be able to knock that out in about 3 weeks but, I decided to wait until I received my 540.

Cheers.
-DH-

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Diggin,

Yes you do have a lot of detectors to learn. I went form Garrett AT Pro (easy to learn and a darn good detector) and then bought Equinox 800. Whoa, what a learning curve for the 800. It will force you to learn more or all about metal detecting theory.

bought a Simplex as backup. Good machine for the price, but radically different from the Equinox 800. Sold the Simplex and am buying a Vanquish 540. Why? Vanquish 540 is not radically different from the 800. It is the 800 with training wheels and that is not a bad thing! Push one button, select your hunting mode and that is it. I have been seeing good finds reports on the forums and youtube from the people using the Vanquish.

I am a Civil War relic hunter and I am thinking maybe the Vanquish 540 is all I need. Why, many a relic hunters are still using the AT Pro and finding the goodies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread