Simplex + 11-inch Search Coils Are Different

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone explain to me why I'm seeing two different search coil designs on the Simplex? I'm thinking about getting the Simplex without the headphones and using my Z-Lynk modules and Deus Backphones instead because it's about to hot get around here. Hopefully, they'll come out with a module like the ML-08 to connect headphones to and a MID-SIZE search coil.

BTW, if someone sees a used one for sale give me a heads up.

tabman

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original coils were breaking. So simplex revamped the coils. Making them much stronger . When the simplex first came out they did not have the number of cross braces as the newer ones

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read that they were having some issues with some search coils falsing on wet stubble and such, but they claimed that none of those search coils reached the USA before being recalled. So this must be a separate issue. The reason that I ask, I keep seeing ads with search coils without the extra bracing but the box is showing it with the extra bracing in the same photo. Very confusing!

tabman

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original faulty coils had the extra braces. There was never a "breakage" issue due to structure. If that was the case, they likely would not have removed the braces. The coil issue was false readings when the coil was wet. It was fixed before US versions were shipped - so you will likely not run into one with the older style coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread