Some (maybe) helpful information from my recent experience with the new updates.

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some helpful information from my experience with the new updates on Simplex+..

I just wanted to share some things I've learned after the new update. I, too, was feeling like something was off, like I was getting a lot of extra chatter and false targets. I spent about 4 hours in a friend's yard today. Very rocky soil, but I didn't have to worry too much about being neat with my holes.

Anyways, before the update, I was just getting used to Field Mode, so I used that for a while and found some clad and a relic or two. I decided to switch to the new Park 1, and I left the iron volume at one notch, full sensitivity, no discrimination, F3, auto-GB.

There was iron everywhere, but I found that if I listened closely to the squeaks in between and tried to repeat a signal, I could discern narrow areas between the iron with predictably jumpy VDIs. I started to swing over the squeak and then quicken the rate of swing while narrowing it down. I still dug mostly clad (can't find silver if it isn't there), but I did manage to find a 1930 wheat penny in an area filled with iron.

I had only used the new Park 1 in a VERY trashy area that has been hunted for twenty years and it felt overwhelming the first time, even though I managed to recover a crucifixion pendant within 20 minutes. I really wish aluminum slag didn't ring up so well. There's a lot of it here and they almost always sound like slightly jumpy silver signals.

These recent updates are great. Listen to your machine, slow down, don't ignore excessive beeps, but swing fast in the Park modes until you can isolate a good target. Just my suggestion as an amateur. Very pleased with my purchase. Can't wait until warmer weather so I can test it in the water, away from people.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are good settings for the machine. The update is good and today v.2.77 is available. It solves the pin pointer interference condition by toggling the pin point button once, which disables the audio. they all corrected an audio issue with the wired headphones.

Now what I would really like is the pin pointer function to be an ON/OFF (remains on until button hit again, Minelab has this feature). Secondly, add tone selection (or breaks if programmer has time) feature to Park and Field modes (2, 3, 4, 5...full tone).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread