Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which one do you like the most and congrats on some awesome finds. If you need help posting pics just ask

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The upgraded Simple v.2.76 is wonderful. Again, the two settings/options they need to address are the following:
1. Pin Pointer function should/must be ON/OFF not hold down.
2. Tones amounts need to be added i.e. 4, 5 for each mode or an option for say 20.

These upgrades which are only software additions would make the machine a killer. For $ 339 dollars they will not be able to keep up with the demand.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can only do so much with 1 button, right now hold it and its a pinpointer, press it and it mutes - And the mute is necessary for those using Garret pinpointers, and I in any case am used to holding to pinpoint ,,, So I doubt thats going to happen, unless they can make it on with a quick double press [but then people would complain about having to press 2 times].

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can only do so much with 1 button, right now hold it and its a pinpointer, press it and it mutes - And the mute is necessary for those using Garret pinpointers, and I in any case am used to holding to pinpoint ,,, So I doubt thats going to happen, unless they can make it on with a quick double press [but then people would complain about having to press 2 times].

I find the one touch mute pretty handy. And I have also turned the iron volume to three as it helps me to process at this early learning stage for the machine. I have been pulling out some deeper coins with this thing lately in All Metal and Park 1. I got an 8 coin spill at about a foot deep last week. I don't know how to post here, but I do have the pics. I am in central Canada and one of the coins was a 1902 U.S. V nickel. That was ridiculous depth, but it was a bunch of coins.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find the one touch mute pretty handy. And I have also turned the iron volume to three as it helps me to process at this early learning stage for the machine. I have been pulling out some deeper coins with this thing lately in All Metal and Park 1. I got an 8 coin spill at about a foot deep last week. I don't know how to post here, but I do have the pics. I am in central Canada and one of the coins was a 1902 U.S. V nickel. That was ridiculous depth, but it was a bunch of coins.

Mute button is necessary if you have a garrett pinpointer, I don't know about others.
Simplex is a hell of a machine I am impressed, and I don't impress easily. Pretty easy to post pics, just scroll down to manage attachments [may have to click "go advanced" button]

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Xraywolf,

The PulseDive pin pointer is very good; wireless to the headphones, no interference, rechargeable and built like a tank! I have used it in the field and was very impressed.

I still believe a software update should introduced for the pin point function. Perhaps push once and it solves the Garrett pin point problem and a hold for 2/3 seconds it remains on until button is pushed again. This could make one button perform two functions with a simple time delay command.

Also, tones need to be addressed: two tones in field is not good. The reason is simple one tone for iron and another for non-iron is not enough information for the operator. In fact, you have to check any signal with the VID, not efficient. With more tones the operator can simply listen an dig. I believe a great upgrade would be a user/operator selection feature. This would give the user the tone option in EACH Mode, say 2, 3, 4, 5 or multi-tone perhaps 20. With time any user will learn the tones an can check the VID if they want. These are all very easy software changes that would increase performance and crush the competition.

Just my thoughts,

Doc

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, working nicely with the simplex was a fail for me, doesn't interfere as bad as the carrot but thats not saying much.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally gave in and bought the PulseDive Pinpointer. It was just too awkward reaching for the mute button when all I just wanted to focus on was digging the target. Nothing bad to say about the Garrett Carrot, it works fine with the Tarsacci!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread