Pulsedive pinpointer with simplex

Kel1

Greenie
Mar 16, 2019
NW Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS III, bought new in the '80's and still own! Fisher F2, Delta 4000, Hunt Mate and Nokta pin pointers, and now added the Nokta Simplex+ with added sp24 coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have one but everyone I've talked to said it doesn't interfere at all. Also if you upgraded to 2.77 software on the Simplex it has a mute button while using any pin pointer if they do interfere.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah mute is Ok better than nothing but gets tiring after a while - Just throws off the rhythm I have retrieving targets as efficiently as possible.
I went ahead and ordered one, will update when able.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The PulseDive pin Pointer works perfectly with the Simplex and communicates wireless to the headphones. I have used it on many hunts with no problems. It's a rugged pin pointer with many cool features.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Arrived today and wow, this thing is a behemoth, was not expecting it quite so large - I always considered the3 Carrot large until now, now its medium. It is longer, wider and heavier by a good margin.
Unfortunately interferes with the simplex, though not quite so bad as the carrot. Yeah if its 3 ft away it doesn't, but any closer and it gets progressively worse, especially if the pinpointer is alerting for metal. Headphone audio not a factor for me, don't use em. Also for you guys that like to probe and dig with the carrot, this is ill suited for that, as the tip comes to a blunt, flat square.
Sensitivity seems excellent, sounds nice.

Am tempted to send it back, not only because of its size and weight but the main reason I got it, to get along with the simplex, is apparently a fail, really disappointed with that. But I'll probably keep it, not hurting for $$ and the scuba attachment coil might come in handy.

All in all obviously a quality product that does what it is designed to do, but for guys looking for something slim and light weight, this would be about the last you'd want.

Attachments

• IMG_5304.jpg
    IMG_5304.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5305.jpg
    IMG_5305.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 111

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Arrived today and wow, this thing is a behemoth, was not expecting it quite so large - I always considered the3 Carrot large until now, now its medium. It is longer, wider and heavier by a good margin.
Unfortunately interferes with the simplex, though not quite so bad as the carrot. Yeah if its 3 ft away it doesn't, but any closer and it gets progressively worse, especially if the pinpointer is alerting for metal. Headphone audio not a factor for me, don't use em. Also for you guys that like to probe and dig with the carrot, this is ill suited for that, as the tip comes to a blunt, flat square.
Sensitivity seems excellent, sounds nice.

Am tempted to send it back, not only because of its size and weight but the main reason I got it, to get along with the simplex, is apparently a fail, really disappointed with that. But I'll probably keep it, not hurting for $$ and the scuba attachment coil might come in handy.

All in all obviously a quality product that does what it is designed to do, but for guys looking for something slim and light weight, this would be about the last you'd want.

Bummer to hear the PulseDive still interferes with the Simplex. I ordered one and it arrives Monday. I'll mess around with different frequencies and such and see if there is a happy medium with it, but it's kind of a pain to always have to reach for the mute button before digging IMO...

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Muting really messes with my detecting system, not an optimal solution for me. Didn't try freq shifts. If it was just a straight up pinpointer I would have sent it back but water/coil mode might be useful

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I've had my PulseDive for about a week now and some observations. As Xraywolf reported, the thing is noticeably bigger and heavier than the AT ProPointer, but it works as advertised and is easy to pair with your wireless headphones (if you have them). It DOES still interfere with the Simplex. I tried Frequencies 1, 2 and 3 but there is still interference...it isn't as bad as with the carrot, but in my book, interference is interference. Since my last post about the pain of having to reach for the mute button every time I want to dig for a target with the AT ProPointer has subsided. I almost automatically mute my machine before I reach for the carrot. At the end of the day, if I knew then what I know now, I probably wouldn't have spent the money on this item, but if i didn't have a pinpointer and was looking to buy one, the PulseDive is a good choice. It's about $25 cheaper than the carrot and can do everything that the Garrett can do, but the drawbacks are, its larger, heavier and doesn't have that pinpoint light that will help you see in low light conditions. That's my two cents and I'm sticking to it!

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard guys say "All pinpointers interfere with all detectors", not true.

Carrot doesn't interfere with the Ace 400, for example. Not at all, not a peep.
Haven't used the pulse at all, just too bulky to strap on my hip without offering any advantage over the carrot. I guess if I ever get out to the water on a regular basis it might come in handy [I got the scuba attachment] but if I was rating it on a 5 star scale, it would get a 3.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CalReg,

There is a LED light function: "LED FLASHLIGHT
To activate flashlight, press the adjustment button (A) once while the device is
on. Press it again to turn off."; taken from manual

Doc

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the heads up...I found the flashlight, but to be honest I don't think I will use it that much. The Garrett Carrot does everything the PulseDive can do plus it's lighter. I might give the PulseDive to a friend who just go into MD'ing...he'll love it!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Pin Pointer has a frequency shift that may help you:

FREQUENCY SHIFT

It is used to prevent the device from interfering with other detectors nearby.
To shift the frequency, press the on-off button while holding the (F) button
pressed down. Each time you press the on-off button, a beep will be heard
and/or the device will vibrate and the frequency will shift 1 step. There are 40
steps in frequency shift. The central frequency, which is the factory default,
is indicated by double beeps / vibrations.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Fisher F-Pulse does not interfere with my Simplex at all.

When my friend fires up his XP MI-6 within 20 feet of my Simplex it goes crazy.

93civEJ1

Greenie
Feb 18, 2019
TN
Detector(s) used
Harbor Freight 9 Function
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you mentioned the tip coming to a blunt point. Do you not use the hard cover that goes over the coil?

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
running 2.77, I change the freq to F3 once powered up and I get such an ever so tiny sputter that is my way background indicator to turn the pointer off once finished with it. a nice plus to this pointer is its absolute power, ... I horizontally drag it on top of any soil and I get coin hits. A vacuume wand:) Way happy with mine.

Germanrazor

Jan 7, 2021
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+,
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old post but I just received recently my Simplex with the pulse dive and no frequency issues. You can also do a frequency shift with this machine if outside interference to try and alleviate the issue.

Germanrazor

Jan 7, 2021
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+,
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only issue I have with the PD is the fact it never produces a solid tone once you contact the object. It just develops a quicker beep as it comes closer to the find. But I have had good luck with it so far.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have tried freq shifts, no joy it chatters no matter what.
It is a nice unit, my main gripe against it is its sheer girth, almost feels like a jr league baseball bat attached to your hip.
Never used it in the water, might be pretty neat with the coil attachment for scuba type hunters.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda on the subject, my Nokta Pointer does interfere with the Simplex.
I've tried using different Frequencies, only the F2 setting, has the least amount of interference....
I suppose setting either machines on a lower Sensitivity, would help...???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread