Firmware head spinning !

vicvector

Apr 8, 2020
Shasta Lake CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Nokta Simplex+ with headphones, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My head has stopped spinning about these firmware versions. I went from 2.78 back to 2.77. Went to my local park this AM for a 2 hour hunt. Sensitivity at max, iron volume 1, park 1. 19 pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters, some trash. Unstable ? NO. Jumpy ? A little but bearable. I did ground balance every 10 minutes or so. Am I gonna stay with 2.77 ? Yes. Why ? Because it gives you maximum performance from this machine and that's what I want.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I left mine at v.2.77 because I wasn't interested in the pin pointer off feature. BUT, I do want them to add an optional 20 tone feature to park and field modes, This would make it a killer machine.

Estima8tor

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2018
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE : Nokta Simplex+ WHP : Minelab X-Terra 705 : XP MI-4 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My head has stopped spinning about these firmware versions. I went from 2.78 back to 2.77. Went to my local park this AM for a 2 hour hunt. Sensitivity at max, iron volume 1, park 1. 19 pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters, some trash. Unstable ? NO. Jumpy ? A little but bearable. I did ground balance every 10 minutes or so. Am I gonna stay with 2.77 ? Yes. Why ? Because it gives you maximum performance from this machine and that's what I want.

There has been a lot of discussion about the latest firmware updates and their effects on the performance of the Simplex. Some users have reverted back to the 2.67 or 2.68 because they like the performance in the original park mode with that software. I'm also using the 2.77 version because I really like the new Park 1 mode and the other additional features it brings. That being said, I do believe the original Park mode (new Park 2) did perform better with the 2.68 software.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps ignorance is bliss? I couldn't get my act together with the machine using the original software. And I attribute that directly to myself. Later I uploaded the latest software and really used the machine. I like Park two at half sens now for cladding (I ran into a silver ring and several junkers), and Park 1 for deepies in old parks. I don't feel like I've "mastered" the machine, but the fog has started to clear and I'm understanding it much better now. Lately I have been pumping Park 2 up to max sens and cladding, while still listening for deeper older coins. That's just where I'm at now............... Oh ya. I took it into fresh water twice now. I tried Beach, Park1, and Park2 under water. I believe that Beach notches out the signal for lower iron? Anyway, it made it trickier to hear scruffy clad in the water. I also remember hearing much more tone info with Park 2. None of this is set in concrete. I just take the machine out when life's demands allow. But I am having more fun now that some of the fog is clearing.
:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
V

vicvector

Apr 8, 2020
Shasta Lake CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Nokta Simplex+ with headphones, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I left mine at v.2.77 because I wasn't interested in the pin pointer off feature. BUT, I do want them to add an optional 20 tone feature to park and field modes, This would make it a killer machine.

I think you meant the audio mute button. Worth the upgrade just for that and if you use wired headphones they expanded the volume range.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the mute button would be worth the update alone? Nothing runs me crazy like a chattering machine while pin pointing a target!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello vicvector,

I purchased the Nokta Pulse Dive pin pointer, works great with the machine and the sound is transmitted to the headphones. I still would like a 20 tone user selectable feature. :icon_thumleft:

Regards,

Doc

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Simplex came with version 2.78 and I'm totally happy with it's performance and features. In most of the areas I hunt I can run sense to the max setting with little to no chatter. I don't know what the advantages to 2.77 are since I've never ran it,but I'm getting great depth on coins 7-11 inches on some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread