Your fresh water plex ring experiences ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NWMP
  • 2 Post By NWMP
  • 1 Post By doggoneitdignit

Thread: Your fresh water plex ring experiences ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Nov 2009
    Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    408 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Your fresh water plex ring experiences ?

I have very limited experience with the plex in fresh water to date. Maybe 3-4 sessions. Plenty of coins, aluminum tabs, keys, sunglasses, yada, yada. But no decent rings yet. Just one junker. Please describe your experiences hitting rings. What numbers?, tone? What metal? What setting did you use? My last lake was a horrendously sanded in swim area where I had to switch over to All Metal, to hear the hits better. Before that I had a rough time hearing clad coins with the Beach setting notch outs. But I did hit an aluminum tab that I heard well, and it came in around 24-25. That's the same number I hit those tabs with on land in Park 2. This should clear up after I get over a few nice rings, but I haven't gotten the coil over one yet. Or at least an easy to hear ring hit. I looked through a few pages in the beach and shallow water forum and saw nothing about the Simplex in fresh water. Videos on the tube aren't much better.

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2584 times
    Metal Detecting
    Whats a plex ?
    If you are finding pulltabs then it stands to reason you'll find rings too whenever you chance upon one.
    [Nevermind, I figured the plex thing out] Haven't dunked mine yet, really no need to as I do very well with my AT buts its nice to have a potential backup.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    34073 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    You are finding/digging the right stuff, you just have not got your coil over the gold. Keep at it, you will!

ca
    Nov 2009
    Tesoro Tejon, AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex, still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
    408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    You are finding/digging the right stuff, you just have not got your coil over the gold. Keep at it, you will!

You bet buddy. I just haven't gotten the coil over one in the water with the Simplex yet. This was my dig today. Ironically I got a small 10K band. It's a start. Choppy erratic signal about four inches down, Park 2 one bar below max sens with manual ground balance. Bouncing around 67-69 on display.

Last edited by NWMP; Aug 02, 2020 at 08:54 PM.
    Blak bart and doggoneitdignit like this.

ca
    Oct 2016
    Canadian Eh
    Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, and Simplex+ Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
    356 times
    Metal Detecting
    ah you got to love that hard clumpy gumbo soil, especially with that gold ring in it, nice find!
    NWMP likes this.

ca
    Nov 2009
    408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doggoneitdignit View Post
    ah you got to love that hard clumpy gumbo soil, especially with that gold ring in it, nice find!
    Yes sir I certainly do, as it's a rare sight for me. This ring was a funny fluke as I was just wondering about water rings. The soil here is good but still has just a hint of mineralization. Best soil I ever saw around here was at the edge of the Boreal Forest. Coppers from the twenties just need a gentle tooth brush cleaning under a running tap, then perfect. Zero crud or corrosion.

Sponsored Links