Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SP24 in a heavy target area full of foil, bottle caps, pull tabs, nails, frogs, coins (99 % clad) car parts, tools

running software ver 2.77

Overall, It matches the 'hotness' of park 1 full blast. gotta swing way, way slow, the '24 will 'pick-out' the goodies better than the stock coil if I do the following;

- swinging slowly is necessary
- swinging around the target (360 deg) is necessary
- gotta listen more than looking at vdi numbers
- vdi numbers are not the same as the stock coil except for quarters (90-92), nickles higher, dimes lower

Impression? I'm leaving it on:) I'm happy I bought it. It forces you to be a better detectorist since its not as 'plug-and-play' as I've seen on flicks nor is it anything like the stock coil, but again, I'm stressing the piss 'outta this coil by hunting heavily targeted areas and it impresses me each time.

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the SP 24 coil. It makes the Simplex feel more "balanced" to me. I hunt mostly with my ears,since a coin amongst trash will have a different ( lower) VDI number anyway. I dug a quarter with a nail,and a beaver tail pull tab on each side of it. It read I think around 60-70. But there is no mistaking the high tone in with the other trash. The SP 24 is the only coil I now run on my Simplex while in the parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread