New Simplex User

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been metal detecting since the 70's and have used about every machine there is. I got rid of my Quest Pro after the summer because I kept having coil issues. I recently ordered the Simplex+ with the wireless headphones and pulsedive pinpointer. From the reviews I have seen and read it seems like it should dod the trick for me. In the summer, I spend most of my time hunting shallow water in the Guadalupe river so I definitely needed a waterproof detector. I am buying waterproof headphones and the smaller coil when the weather warms up. My Simplex will be here by Saturday and looking forward to trying it out.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! I think you will absolutely love it.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like waiting for Christmas morn, right...? Lucky guy...!!
GL+HH

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, very much so. Thank you
Being in Texas, at least you won't have to wait for the weather to clear to use that new machine when it arrives. I just got the new SP24 coil for the Simplex and here in Ohio we've got 23 degrees and slightly frozen ground to contend with. I'm not sure when I'm going to get to go out again. Nothing worse than having a brand new toy staring at you every day with no chance to actually play with it! It's maddening!

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being in Texas, at least you won't have to wait for the weather to clear to use that new machine when it arrives. I just got the new SP24 coil for the Simplex and here in Ohio we've got 23 degrees and slightly frozen ground to contend with. I'm not sure when I'm going to get to go out again. Nothing worse than having a brand new toy staring at you every day with no chance to actually play with it! It's maddening!

I feel really bad for you. I really don't know how you guys take it. I live in a great place because it rarely freezes to the point that you can't detect. It is going to be in the 70's this weekend so I should have some great weather to detect. I hope you get some warmer weather soon so you can try the SP24 out. I am going to get one before summer for sure. Back in the day, trying to use large coils in any area that was not clear of trash was near impossible. The separation abilities of the new detectors with an 11 inch coil are pretty incredible.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations and good luck with that Simplex. I found a great set-up using the following; v2.77, Park1, SP24, full blast.

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations and good luck with that Simplex. I found a great set-up using the following; v2.77, Park1, SP24, full blast.

Thank You, they just upgraded my delivery date to today so I am super excited to get it !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions