Loving the Simplex so far.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a couple hours to spend in my yard today after getting my new machine all charged up and ready to go last night. I decided to play with it in my yard before I ventured out anywhere. My house is less than 20 years old and is on about 1/3 acre. I didn’t expect to find anything old and wasn’t disappointed in that. I did manage 1 1/2 junk rings, 11 quarters, 6 dimes, 1 nickel, 15 pennies and some junk. The Simplex was easy for me to figure out. I started out just digging solid coin hits then tried few iffier signals to learn what the machine was telling me. I was very impressed with the ID abilities even at a reasonable depth. The deepest coin was a quarter about 7 inches but it ID’ed perfectly. I did have a few problems with the GB function at first but worked it out. All in all, I really liked the machine and was pretty impressed with it. I am ordering the 5.5x9 coil and a carbon fiber shaft for it today since I already deemed it a keeper. Now for warmer weather to dunk it in the river.
image-2021-01-30-16:39:10-457.jpg

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good haul. Had you detected your yard before with other machines?

KSdiver

Sep 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab, Nokta Makro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a good day of digging! I just picked up a Simplex myself a few weeks ago - only been out twice with it, but I'm impressed so far.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt! The Simplex is a quality machine. For the money, its tough to beat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread