All Metal or Beach mode ? fresh water lakes

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your preference in fresh water lakes. All Metal or Beach modes? I wasn't out in the fresh water lakes much last year due to the pandemic. I found that Beach mode with the machine submerged in a fresh water lake, gave me sketch hits on some clad coins, likely due to the slight iron notching in the mode ? I also found it easier to get more hits in slight to semi mineralized lakes in all metal mode. Both modes manually ground balanced under water. I'm pretty decent with the machine on dry ground, but I'm nothing special in a fresh water lake. Any insight/observations/experience comments are appreciated.

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Bump. I was playing around yesterday and working on the best mode in a freshwater lake in my area (just freshwater sand with no rocks), I found beach mode to be best, but often needed to ground balance again as the depth of the water changed. It sucks, the lake was extremely low for a long time, but not much to experiment with now once May hits our State.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump. I was playing around yesterday and working on the best mode in a freshwater lake in my area (just freshwater sand with no rocks), I found beach mode to be best, but often needed to ground balance again as the depth of the water changed. It sucks, the lake was extremely low for a long time, but not much to experiment with now once May hits our State.

Thanks. I have to try Beach mode more. I tend toward all metal. The only thing that I really feel good about is using software version 2.77. And using Park 1 mode on land. I feel tight with this land set up. I am still flipping and flopping with water settings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread