Smurfe

Greenie
Nov 2, 2016
Gonzales Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received my Nokta Makro Simplex + yesterday. I set it all up with SP24 coil and went out in my yard today. I have covered my entire yard in all metal mode and not heard a single peep from it in the main yard area. Not even on the strip between the sidewalk and the street.

I thought maybe I had something set wrong but the machine goes crazy at the seams on my sidewalk that have a metal strip between each section so it is detecting metal. It also picked up the water and gas line at the side of the house. I did step a few feet into my neighbor's yard and had a hit of a small piece of foil that looks like from a cigarette pack. Stepped back into my yard and swung around again for another half hour and not a peep.

We are only the second family to live here and the house is 13 years old. I am just shocked there was nothing found trash or coin-wise. I am going to put the large coil on and give it another try tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It isn't as common for people to spend as much time outside like they used to. If there wasn't any activity in the area before your house was built, and it's only 13 years old, then there is probably not a big chance of random drops.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
IF edges can be worked , or low spots ,or around "older" trees ect. it might be worth a try.

The preconstruction history might have been covered deep.
Digging septic systems and basements and such creates a lot of dirt that has to go somewhere...

I find a little here and there but not much in the yard.
Early on (at a similar age home) one of the dogs dug up a leather glove in the backyard. Deeper than my coil would hit a coin.... And that glove likely landed there during the grading after the site was being leveled. (?)

Hunted a farmhouse yard and areas beyond.
Friends Granpa's previous place. He farmed plus his "job".
Four generations ran around there.
I teased him after I detected that he didn't tell me no one had any money.
Did find 21cents or so. The odd metal in an ag field. (fill cap off something.) A canning jar lid. But very little for the age of the place.
Tidy folks. Few losses of metal stuff.

A test garden gives relief all is well. As do sites with lots of targets.

Stick with it.
Sometimes few finds beat many. Even one recovery can!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I detected my old home built in 1958 I found ZERO coins. It happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread