A few headphone questions

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about getting a Simplex as a back up/ loaner that would be good for both wading and land hunting and have a couple questions.

Are the wired headphone Adapter connections waterproof for wading when using the machine submerged?

Will the wireless headphones receive the signals if I was in chest deep water with the unit completely submerged?

thanks

ScoTTT2

Jul 19, 2021
steuben county, ny
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the simplex+ just to use as a water machine .. the pigtail connection to the machine is water proof but the other end, where you plug in the headset isn't water proof .. I'm not sure that that connection would matter if it gets wet, but I couldn't see where there would be any good coming from that .. so, I bought the wired water proof headset from nokta macro .. both the machine and headset have been underwater a bunch.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I pulled the trigger on the 2 coil package with a side of Waterproof corded headphones.
It we’ll be fun to see how it does and I think it will be a great loaner and backup
Thanks to all who answered my questions

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am thinking about getting a Simplex as a back up/ loaner that would be good for both wading and land hunting and have a couple questions.

Are the wired headphone Adapter connections waterproof for wading when using the machine submerged?

Will the wireless headphones receive the signals if I was in chest deep water with the unit completely submerged?

thanks
Yes, Nokta Macro has a Wired headphones Adapter, go to their website. Order thru your favorite detector dealer, I guess...I did - I have one, makes the Simplex the wake up to a wide array of volume settings, then....
Enjoy, GL+HH

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the simplex+ just to use as a water machine .. the pigtail connection to the machine is water proof but the other end, where you plug in the headset isn't water proof .. I'm not sure that that connection would matter if it gets wet, but I couldn't see where there would be any good coming from that .. so, I bought the wired water proof headset from nokta macro .. both the machine and headset have been underwater a bunch.
great choice! The Nokta Makro Simplex is a HECK of a machine! We continue to be very impressed with them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions