Come on guys

devilpookie

Jun 8, 2013
Ventura County, CA
Detector(s) used
A stick and chewing gum
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think everyone was posting in the other brands section. They must have just added this one. I was hoping there would be some info here as well. Just ordered a Fors CoRe this morning. Looks like it is going to be a pretty decent machine.

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ordered one also. I ordered the pro pack more or less to get the small coil. Don't see me needing the big coil. My old shoulder and elbow just can't handle it.

Look forward to putting that little coil in some of the sites that I just never could get the Deus to produce because of its coil size.

Time will tell.

Good luck with yours.
TL

devilpookie

Jun 8, 2013
Ventura County, CA
Detector(s) used
A stick and chewing gum
Primary Interest:
Have high hopes for the forscore. Hoping for more stable ID and better bottle cap handling than the deus. I asked around about its capabilities but the handful of owners I have come across so far are either relic or nugget hunters. I chase after trashy park jewelry. If I had the luxury of time, I wouldn't need anything more than a compadre. Did you order from ebay or Kco? I ordered from ebay. Took them 4 days to put it in the mail.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
The vdi is fairly stable.I havent used my fors in the parks alot,but i think I would be able to figure out most bottlecaps were junk,easier than using my deus.I need to give that a try.

devilpookie

Jun 8, 2013
Ventura County, CA
Detector(s) used
A stick and chewing gum
Primary Interest:
Took it out today for a quick run after work. Bottle caps coming in at 83 and giving a good signal. Not a good sign for my type of hunting. Only had about 20 minutes. Will need to do more testing obviously. There is alot of tonal and signal shape variation though; which I think will hold the key if there is one to overcoming the bottlecap dilemma. I really don't want another detector where special tricks / techniques are required to be applied every 2 feet. Too inefficient for my situation. I give it a bit more time and see what happens. Otherwise, out it goes.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
If you ever find a machine that can tell the difference between caps and coins please let us know! If you dont dig the caps you will miss alot of potential good items.They id the same as a few good items on all detectors i have ever used.

devilpookie

Jun 8, 2013
Ventura County, CA
Detector(s) used
A stick and chewing gum
Primary Interest:
Ctx and etrac do not have too much of an issue with the steel crown caps. I think the fbs machines miss some targets in the null though. I was out with the fors for another short spell today comparing target signals against the Etrac. Fors core is sharp as a tack. Impressed with its performance. Very easy to use. Excellent detector. If its in the ground, it'll find it. I will give it some time to see if I can get it to jump through the hoops. I hope so. Either way, trying out different machines is part of my addiction and I enjoy it. I Always have something coming in and going out.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
You think you have a Detector addition issue...you should see my collection lol.My wife is gonna strangle me if I dont curve my appetite Im afraid.:laughing7: i really enjoy learning new tec and the possibility the next detector could poss do something amazing the rest cant.There's worse things to be hooked on!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You think you have a Detector addition issue...you should see my collection lol.My wife is gonna strangle me if I dont curve my appetite Im afraid.:laughing7: i really enjoy learning new tec and the possibility the next detector could poss do something amazing the rest cant.There's worse things to be hooked on!

You certainly have an enviable stable of detectors!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread