Lets hear about your NOKTA

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Noktas donot have much of a reputation here in Australia and tend to be (rightly or wrongly) classified in the scam and LRLs catagory.
Maybe they work OK in Euro type ground mineralisation.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noktas donot have much of a reputation here in Australia and tend to be (rightly or wrongly) classified in the scam and LRLs catagory.
Maybe they work OK in Euro type ground mineralisation.

Adrian, with all due respect, Nokta may not be well known in the Australian market (just yet) but I have to reject to the comment that our products are classified in the ''scam and LRLs category''. It is not fair to make generalizations based on a few biased individuals' posts on certain forums. First of all, we do not promote any LRLs and our new model FORS Gold works very well in Australia and users are very happy with it so far. I can glady put anybody in touch with the dealer or the users in Australia. FORS has been tested by experts in the USA (Steve Herschbach, Ray Mills, Keith Southern etc etc.) and we can gladly send a test unit to anybody in Australia considered to be an expert in the metal detecting industry.

Last edited:

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
The biggest hurdle/drawback with getting a Nokta product in Australia is the availability here, fact is if you can't get it you can't use it and make report.................. The Australian Importer/Dealer do not carry stock of the FORS Gold (Fri.24Oct2014) if they did I would have purchased one...............So as the Importer/Dealer do not have any and want you to (pay) send money first before they will even ORDER one, you might as well go direct to Nokta and hope they will sell you one without restrictions...........thus far this have proved NOT to be easy..............So the request "Lets hear about your NOKTA " will not be possible before we actually have one in hand.................. ivanll

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting any metal detector into Australia can be a problem. I have had my own problems just trying to ship personal gear there for prospecting. The country is pretty strict with imports and fee's tend to be steep. Not a bad thing for the local industry but heck for anyone trying to set up shop.

My thoughts anyhow. As to how the Fors Gold is doing down under~ hehh the prospectors are pretty tight lipped on anything that does well.
Be interesting to see if anyone chips in with thoughts in the gold fields down there on this forum. Nokta is turning up some fair reviews so hopefully the LRL silliness will go by the wayside.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think what is going to hurt there sales here in the United States … Is there is no service center in the U.S… To bad Kellyco could not become a service center for Nokta..

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thinking about it kellyco is not a service center for any detector .. So Nokta would have to open there own service center here in the US….

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about it kellyco is not a service center for any detector .. So Nokta would have to open there own service center here in the US….

FYI.....Kellyco is a certified Minelab service center....

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well then it could be possible for Kco. to service Nokta then . ?????
That is something Nokta would have to talk to Kellyco about, I have no doubt what so ever they have the expertise to do the work, Dave is an electronic wizard and Barry does excellent work, but I can't speak for Kellyco since I don't work for Kellyco...

I know Kellyco set up an excellent Minelab repair center complete with oscilloscope and custom pressure tank for testing the waterproof detectors.

Just my opinion, but if Nokta really wants a large portion of the US market business which could be huge they need to consider an authorized repair center here in states. Most US buyers are not going to want to a send detectors back to Turkey for repair work and most US buyers do not have the knowledge to open up the controls to change out diodes or oscillators....

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is something Nokta would have to talk to Kellyco about, I have no doubt what so ever they have the expertise to do the work, Dave is an electronic wizard and Barry does excellent work, but I can't speak for Kellyco since I don't work for Kellyco...

I know Kellyco set up an excellent Minelab repair center complete with oscilloscope and custom pressure tank for testing the waterproof detectors.

Just my opinion, but if Nokta really wants a large portion of the US market business which could be huge they need to consider an authorized repair center here in states. Most US buyers are not going to want to a send detectors back to Turkey for repair work and most US buyers do not have the knowledge to open up the controls to change out diodes or oscillators....
.. Yes i was all ready to buy one until i started thinking about service .. And for putting the repair parts in my self it would never happen. So not till they get a service center in the US i will have to wait for the Nokta..

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I havent heard of many people having trouble with broken or failing Nokta's.But I can tell you from my own experience ,you email Nokta and explain your problem,they will just mail you a new part.My small coil on my Fors Core was acting funny I thought..Dilek mailed me one right away,0 cost!,I had it direct from Turkey in my hands in 7 days.I didnt even have to mail them the one I thought was faulty.And metaldetector.com Is a service and repair center for alot of major/New brands.I know they handle my Makro detector repairs if there was a problem with my cf77 or my PinPointer.I have had 10 times better service from Nokta than I did with My E-Trac and ctx.Took them forever to get it back to me,And they gave me a hard time about the one repair,plus charged me shipping!If more Companies treated there customers Like NOKTA..the world would be a better place. You guys dont know me from a hole in the wall,But I stake my reputation on Nokta's service.Im that imppressed! Good Luck, HH everyone. Jim T

KC-Brad

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
many others at leisure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We also are a certified repair center for Aquascan as well.

Honestly, back on track about the FORS...that machine really impressed me and impressed my boss even further upon testing it with a nugget in the testing grounds. It is very sensitive and one of the best feeling detectors to swing (absolutely love the vibrate feature when you hit a target). I think people that own that machine are quite impressed as well from feedback from people that bought from me. Definitely a great contender for the price ranges it comes in.

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So three of us here at Kellyco, the product test team, took the Nokta FORS CoRe as well as a few other units out to Cocoa Beach for some testing and I have to say the Nokta worked flawlessly. We were all very impressed with the depth of the unit, lack of false signals in the wet sand etc. I've always liked the Nokta FORS CoRe but this was the first time I've been able to use it in a highly mineralized location and as previous reviews have also stated it's a beast of a machine with the ability to function very well in a variety of conditions. Needless to say we had a great time yesterday.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So three of us here at Kellyco, the product test team, took the Nokta FORS CoRe as well as a few other units out to Cocoa Beach for some testing and I have to say the Nokta worked flawlessly. We were all very impressed with the depth of the unit, lack of false signals in the wet sand etc. I've always liked the Nokta FORS CoRe but this was the first time I've been able to use it in a highly mineralized location and as previous reviews have also stated it's a beast of a machine with the ability to function very well in a variety of conditions. Needless to say we had a great time yesterday.

Same thing I found, easy to ground balance at the beach, once done I got no false signals working the wet sand or transitioning between the shallow water and wet sand and it ignores iron in beach mode. ..

I got good depth, light and easy to swing and loved the vibration feature in the handle, the built in LED light would be nice for night-time hunting too... Fact it runs on 4 AA is also a nice feature....

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup, I had gone through the reviews so I knew what to expect but I just like seeing it for myself. We brought at least 10 machines out yesterday and ended up with some great results on our units.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, I had gone through the reviews so I knew what to expect but I just like seeing it for myself. We brought at least 10 machines out yesterday and ended up with some great results on our units.
I'm envious. ...[emoji3] [emoji22]

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Are there any plans to repair these units here in the United States?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread