Spam? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Spam?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2828 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Spam?

Haven't had to deal with collectors in years, but like to mess with sales people!! I let them get all the way through their spiel then give em bogus info, or just talk like I've got brain damage or something, & let em think they got the sale locked up then come off with something like "I gotta ask my social worker" etc. My best is to act like I'm hard of hearing! It's fun to keep em repreating themselves 4 or 5 times & yelling. Then after 10 or 20 minutes tell em I'm not interested.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8707 times

Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman
    Haven't had to deal with collectors in years, but like to mess with sales people!! I let them get all the way through their spiel then give em bogus info, or just talk like I've got brain damage or something, & let em think they got the sale locked up then come off with something like "I gotta ask my social worker" etc. My best is to act like I'm hard of hearing! It's fun to keep em repreating themselves 4 or 5 times & yelling. Then after 10 or 20 minutes tell em I'm not interested.
    There was a time when I hated phone solicitations, but anymore I sit back and have all the fun I can for as long as it last.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2828 times

I hear that! I almost regret getting on the no call list, used to look at em as recreation. They're all on commission so I figure the longer they're tied up by me the further they are from eating steak instead of Kraft mac & cheese.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1052 times

About a year ago, I wrote a post on how to stop junk mail from credit card companies.... My advise was to take their return envelope and stuff it with news clipping's, coupons, and any other paper you want to get rid of..

Credit card company's have all lost my address

FOr the phone calls, I would handle them 2 ways..

1- Ask what the person is wearing, then say that sounds really hot.
    2- Once they introduce themselves, I tell them I have new socks, and keep repeating it

Have fun, it's your time, their dime

It works

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2828 times

I like your socks ramble! That probably shakes em up good! I can just picture the guys face!

Haven't seen as many in recent years, but I had removed a section of wall in the yard that was those red bricks. Every time I got one of those offers with the postage paid envelopes, I'd wrap a brick in a piece of paper grocery bag tape the envelope on it & send it back! Wish I could take credit for this idea but it came from a friend that worked at the post office. The company got charged for the extra weight of the brick. The really cool thing was I didn't have to haul any bricks to the dump.

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8707 times

Thanks to spammers, I've recently learned that I now have huge fortunes waiting for me in Nigeria, the U.K., Africa, and Spain!

us
    The Pool Table Is My Yard

Jul 2008
    WV
    Fisher F2
    49 times

Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    Thanks to spammers, I've recently learned that I now have huge fortunes waiting for me in Nigeria, the U.K., Africa, and Spain!
    UPS keeps sending me about an un delivered package

Oh! Boogeyman..

GE hasn't called back fer a while... last time they called, I told them I already have a home security system.. He asked what company.. I told him the security Co. name was Springfield.. He said he never heard of it before.. Then I said Really, You never heard of a 45.. He then got a little lippy.. So I then told him he could come try out my Security system Anytime.. He hasn't called back yet.. Maybe he doesn't trust their work..
    Theres A Place For All Creatures..Right Next To The Taters And Gravy..

us

Jun 2010
    8707 times

Apparently spammers are really going covert these days. Today my mail said I had 6 messages in my spam folder, but when I opened my spam folder there was only five. Evidentally, "subliminal spam" is their newest high tech method.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21367 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    I hear that! I almost regret getting on the no call list, used to look at em as recreation. They're all on commission so I figure the longer they're tied up by me the further they are from eating steak instead of Kraft mac & cheese.
    Whoooaaaaa,,, slow down there partner,
    There ain't nothing wrong with Kraft mac & cheese,
    Actually,, it goes good with a few slices of fried spam and mustard.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Jun 2006
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2828 times
    Haven't had spam in like 5 years! Got a can and put the key away so no one would steal it! Never was able to get it unlocked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links