In Store Discount Cards

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S

stefen

I went into Rockler (Woodworkers store) and bought some materials...

The guy working the cash register asked for my telephone number so he could open the cash register...

Told him that I didn't have a phone and he shrugged his shoulders...like tough stuff...

Finally I told him I'm paying cash and don't need to be registered into their damn junk mail list...

Either ring me up or I'm leaving...

What a scam...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went into Rockler (Woodworkers store) and bought some materials...

The guy working the cash register asked for my telephone number so he could open the cash register...

Told him that I didn't have a phone and he shrugged his shoulders...like tough stuff...

Finally I told him I'm paying cash and don't need to be registered into their damn junk mail list...

Either ring me up or I'm leaving...

What a scam...

I always give them a bogus name and phone number. I do the same thing with their discount cards when I can get away with it. :laughing7:

S

stefen

Bigscoop...thanks for getting me warmed up...:occasion14:

Go to a store like Penny's or Sear's and they will give you an extra 10% off if you open a charge application...

JHC...I purposely have a Bank Card and a Gas Card, none others...and don't need another hundred or so cards.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it incredible the number of people who sound off their phone numbers with numerous people in line, well with in hearing distance. I'd guess these same people would provide a SS # if asked.

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
i bumped into a lady in line at the grocery store the other night who showed me a seperate key ring loaded with about 30 of them keyring size cards after i told her i lost my card.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...and I'd like to smack him twice!!! Got denied sale price on 2 items last week (MANUFACTURER'S coupon was attached to both) because I didn't have a "store card". The clerk puts on her big smiley face and really starts pressuring me to join. She seemed a little taken aback when I informed her that it would be stupid of me to "join" a store that has no qualms about starting our relationship out by deceiving me and then trying to coerce me. To her credit, she did seem genuinely sad, when I told her that I would do all of my future shopping, at the store across the street.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of times, if it's a regional store, try telling them you are from out of state. I've had them use a "counter card" several times by telling them this. :icon_thumleft:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without those cards you wouldn't save all that money! Come on now! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
I've saved over $3800 using my Winn Dixie rewards card! :tongue3:

S

stefen

Without those cards you wouldn't save all that money! Come on now! :laughing7::laughing7:
I've saved over $3800 using my Winn Dixie rewards card! :tongue3:

I heard that Dixie would bend over backwards to give it to anyone for free...:laughing7:

Oops, wrong Dixie....my bad.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you can get "Fuel Perks" for shopping @ WD. I filled up my tank (almost empty) when normally it's pretty close to $80, I was surprised to pay only $60 something...in other words it was .43 off per gal. But, it has to be Shell gas.

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely will not shop at a store that i have to have a card to get the sale price and it seems like the amount of stores i can shop at gets smaller all the time.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if instead of the discount cards they would just drop all their prices by 10% ,
word would get around.
Rediners Markets just moved into the area and has gas cards. 10c off per gallon , up to 20 gallon
when you buy $100.00 worth of groceries. Right now they are doubling it to 20c off per gallon and guess what happened to prices
at the pump, they went up 15c so really you only get 5c off right now, so they can pay for the false advertiing

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if instead of the discount cards they would just drop all their prices by 10% ,
word would get around.
Rediners Markets just moved into the area and has gas cards. 10c off per gallon , up to 20 gallon
when you buy $100.00 worth of groceries. Right now they are doubling it to 20c off per gallon and guess what happened to prices
at the pump, they went up 15c so really you only get 5c off right now, so they can pay for the false advertiing

But then they would have you on that junk mail and/or spam list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread