Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Dave, I visit there about every six months

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MY BEER FRIDGE IS DYING!!
It's in the garage, I always heard that the new freon doesn't work well outside (unconditioned garage).

Where can I find a good fridge with the old freon? Or is there another viable option?

Move to North Pole; stick beer in SNOW...

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the warden sometimes is so cold i stick it between her :censored:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Drink the beer before it gets warm!
I,d worry more about keeping the coils,ect. clean. I have garage envy going here, but a newer one wouldn,t bother me,fridge or garage.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried cleaning the coils, no good.
So you think the newer refrigerant is ok?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
MY BEER FRIDGE IS DYING!!
It's in the garage, I always heard that the new freon doesn't work well outside (unconditioned garage).

Thats what killed it buddy if your garage isnt heated.

P.S...since youre trying to beat jeffs record for posts are you trying to beat my record for being banned:laughing9:

S

stefen

GO TO CRAIGSLIST...SOMEONE IS ALWAYS DUMPING A GOOD OLDER UNIT...MANY TIMES ITS FREE

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff, I don't know about the newer refrigerant working ok inside but not outside. First I've heard about it. Although not outside, we have 3 little 4.3 cu. ft. refrigerators in the house. They all work great. The first one (a Black and Decker, I believe) was purchased in Texas at Walmart in 2007, then an Igloo in 2010, and about 3 months another Black and Decker (I believe I'm right on the brand). The one I have in my bedroom is the Igloo. It has room for 2 full sized ice trays and will freeze one in just a few hours. The one from 2007 is still working great. I believe they all use ammonia for refrigerant. Though only 4.3 cu. ft., I keep a 1.75 liter bottle of whiskey, two 2 liter bottles of soda, a 2 quart bottle of black cherry flavored cranberry juice, some jars of jelly, salsa, meats, cheeses, etc. in it. Everything stays nice and cold.
Question: How old is the 'fridge you're having trouble with? Is it an older one? I don't even know when they started using 'other' refrigerants. I have a 1998 Dometic (?) 'frige with top freezer in an old motor that I have. It's made, I believe, in Sweden. Although I haven't used it for the last couple of years, it always kept things hard-frozen. The freezer was about 9" x 24". I could keep quite a bit of meats and frozen foods in it. It also used ammonia for refrigerant, and operated on 24 volt DC, 120 ac, or propane. It was in use some during the cold and hot weather without any heating or cooling inside the motor home.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never heard of ammonia as a refrigerant. However, I need a full sized one for my beer supply.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah RJ but they still have to be cold

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll have to go back and research what I said about ammonia as a refrigerant. I pretty certain that I'm right; but I will research it later and let you know.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I haven't heard of it ( may yet be a couple of facts I do not know!)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to invest in a Servel gas fridge. All it is cooled by is the pilot light sized flame. I used to have one and I wish I never got rid of it. Servel gas fridges are not cheap, but you may be able to find a used one. I know that those Amish catologes used to sell them.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The best idea is to quit drinking. You will save a great deal of money and maybe even live longer. Yeah, that's the ticket.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting