🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
AA, you're problems concerning a drought will be solved within the next 12 to 15 yrs. Somehow, it will be determined that the southwest will tap the Great Lakes for water. Although the 8 Great Lakes states have laws against doing this, some %$#@ judge will over rule those laws. My guess is that giant pipelines will be run from the southern tip of Lake Michigan (Chicago) to the southwest. (If I were a betting guy, I would give odds of 3-1 that this will happen.)
So you only have about 12 to 15 yrs to "kill" your weeds.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA, you're problems concerning a drought will be solved within the next 12 to 15 yrs. Somehow, it will be determined that the southwest will tap the Great Lakes for water. Although the 8 Great Lakes states have laws against doing this, some %$#@ judge will over rule those laws. My guess is that giant pipelines will be run from the southern tip of Lake Michigan (Chicago) to the southwest. (If I were a betting guy, I would give odds of 3-1 that this will happen.)
interesting

S

stefen

Give her the "No Hands" rule...

Draw a line in the sand and see who can pee the farthest....:laughing7:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My understanding is most cities now recycle toilet water by boiling them chemically treating human waste for drinking water so the weeds would be the least of my worrys.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Switch to a better brand of beer. That domestic crap tastes bad going in, and smells worse going out.

Beverage2.gif

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup wife aint mad any more

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other

I'll take those odds. Say ...$100,000?

Consider: International agreements. Cost of pipeline - how big? Impact on shipping and all that other stuff in the great lakes?

I could see maybe capturing some of the flood waters from Ole Miss and seasonally replenishing the reservoirs a bit. We know that Lake Michigan already drains to the Miss system from Chicago (basically as a sewer), so the bet will not include that pre-existing flow system if Miss is tapped. Agreed?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i drink beer from out of state so in a way im importing water

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Columbia River would be my guess. All that fresh water just pouring into the Pacific now could be piped south, and it's closer than the Great Lakes. Cheers!!

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Slingshot, you're right on that aspect. Last night on T V, I heard that there are some thoughts on tapping the Columbia River in the future with a cost of $30 Billion. With steel mills shutting down, imagine the steel production boost the mills will get if (when-?) this goes through.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
To revive a somewhat older thread, I have done considerable research in the past concerning the water issues; not just in California, but throughout the world. There are actual, real-life things that can be done to minimize the problem, and some things that could erase the problem completely. ...And no, I'm not talking about taking a giant axe and splitting a fault line or two. Is ....better not say that! :icon_scratch:

Probably THE most promising solution with the current technology is desalination. Problem is there are too many nature-freaks that think it's wrong to send a strong saline solution back into the Pacific Ocean after taking good drinking water out of it. And they won't listen when you explain that the ocean waters used to be much more saline than they currently are. Right now the water is rather weak of saline.

Nope, I don't ever want to return to California. Too many nut-cases out there!! ...And they're expanding; coming soon to a nature near you!

The next best idea I've heard is of a product called the Slingshot. It's the dreamchild of the guy who invented that 2-wheeled scooter-thing. Can't remember his name offhand....do a search on "Slingshot" and "water" if you're interested. Funny, I don't hear anything about that anymore. ...But then, I don't listen, either! :laughing9:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
kcm, so you have 'selective hearing' eh? I'm always accused of hearing what I want and NOT hearing what I don't want to hear. Jeeze, let me decide (which I do).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread