OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As Rebel-KGC was walking in the Peaks of Otter a man ran past him, yelling "I should have waited for Josh Gates before I opened the vault!".
Rebel watched the running down the hiking path, and hat he had dropped a rolled up paper. Reaching down and retrieving the dropped paper, unrolling it revealed a cropped top copy of the Declaration of Independence.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WB! That man was "Just"; being chased by a "pissed off" black bear, numerous vampires from Mons, Va. (fiddling & dancing)... chased by Rangers & Delaware North employees ("packing"); chased by numerous TN TH'ers "watching"
"Just" from Alabama's EVERY move... chased by Josh Gates. They ALL ended up running Abbott Lake, as Wife & I sat in our chairs looking at Sharp Top... WONDERFUL show! GREAT time had by ALL!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sitting on the porch, a cold bitter wind of the ghosts of Black Davey Hunter's northern aggression chilled their bones to the marrow as the hoof beats of the 1860's galloped by as if it were the 2nd year of the Confederate War.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ACTUALLY, experience was MUCH "stranger" than what I could imagine... Oct. 30th: cool windy, sunny day, as wife & I sat in the chairs at the "lake", looking at Sharp Top; commented to the wife, that I wish I could see old Mons, Va. & the Great Marsh, etc. Our Lodge Room was in front of where the old school house, adjacent to the Union Chapel/Church area. The lake covered the old road to the Hotel Mons of the Past. I wanted to see the GREAT MARSH, where the lake is now, covered by a THICK Fog... as it was in the past; AWESOME! NOTHING at night... BUT! Had an INTERESTING "dream"... (I think that the Mons Community "Spirits" DID take me "back in time" to experience Mons Community living; 4 SEASONS of it!)... Very THICK fog over the GREAT MARSH; home fireplaces roaring with fire/heat, EVERYONE staying home, 'til the fog lifts. VERY NICE TIME for me... had a WONDERFUL, relaxing sleep.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Oct. 31st: Up at 5:15 a.m. & looked out the window; saw 4 deer under the window, 3 deer across the lake on a part sunny day... fog going towards Sharp Top; told wife... she grunted & went back to sleep. I did too, since it was chilly out. Back up at 9:15 a.m.; looked out the window, since I was gonna walk along the Lake... HA! Very THICK Fog covered the lake, right up to our window... couldn't believe it, (a London "pea-souper)! Told wife... we would have to "wait it out, 'til the Fog lifted". We were gonna eat breakfast in the "flat-lands" (Bedford)... BUT! We opted to get French Toast & Coffee at the Lodge Restaurant... VERY good! Checked out of the room, hung around the Lodge for a bit, then left @ 11:15 a.m.; once in Bedford County, we were below the "fog-line". Clear, cool, & cloudy the rest of the way home... LOVED IT! Gonna do it again, next year!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sitting on the porch and sipping a hot mug of chicory coffee watching the fog paint haunting images across the landscape, he heard or was it sensing, a voice emerging from the smoky swirling miasma, "Meat!".
"Time to leave", calling his wife," Time to get below the fog line to the flat lands of Bedford".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Heh... even the 3 Crows & Raven were "up-set". And the Key-Keeper of the Lodge, said it was a SUPERNATURAL FOG... coming SUDDENLY. So...

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ACTUALLY, experience was MUCH "stranger" than what I could imagine...
After driving four miles from Buford's, Rebel saw the man who escaped just in time from the pursuing black bear.
Pulling to the side of the road, he yelled to the stranger," I got your DOI that you dropped".
"Keep it", replied the stranger," Josh had several copies made for the show".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Which he promptly put into a wood burning stove... DANG COLD in those hills; "Just" was NOT amused... MEANWHILE, Josh has misplaced his copies at the CIA HQ. Or! Was it NSA...?

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Meanwhile in Richmond, a man with a wide shovel, what one would call a big scoop, was attending to the urgent business of scratching the surface on Jackson Ward vacant lots in search of the real Thomas Beale.
He was totally convinced because the "unknown author" used the word "swarthy", that a man born in 1823 Richmond who later became a Jackson Ward Alderman was the real Beale. It didn't matter that this man was born after the events in the Beale letters occurred, he had the missing "J" as a middle initial and , most important, had business in Richmond.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BIZ in Richmond...? HA! That "J" was REALLY an "I"... done in the "old" BRIT way... heh. ISSAC did it! In the BAD part of town... ask E. A. Poe, a NEIGHBOR!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
On the west side of the Mississippi River just south of Baton Rouge, people were lined up outside of a large tent, buying tickets for a lecture on the Beale ciphers. The merchandise vendor booths were doing fantastic, people buying Beale decoder rings, "official" copies of the 1885 Beale Papers signed by the forthcoming speaker, along with the obligatory swag of Beale ball caps, T-shirts, key chains, and the hottest selling item, genuine iron pots to hold treasure.
The speaker who had organized this carnival event had discovered the true Beale treasure, that being a lecture tour and the sale of merchandise that the tour generated.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And ECS is the OFFICIAL Vendor for the "Drink" of the Tour... BEE ALE! "Cure All" for EVERYTHING! Direct from NEW ORLEANS!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And ECS is the OFFICIAL Vendor for the "Drink" of the Tour... BEE ALE! "Cure All" for EVERYTHING! Direct from NEW ORLEANS!

Bee ale ?

Is that what the guy over there laying under the bar stool is drinking ?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Pouring Bee Ale down the side of an official Beale plastic cup, ECS turn it upright and handed the cup with a perfect foam head to man who been been constantly talking.
"You know Beale traveled all over this country and even to Nova Scotia carving his "TJB" initials into the landscape", he stated before stopping to quaff his Bee Ale," and its all revealed on the witches peralta stone and the horse knows the way..."
"This isn't your first Bee Ale of the day , is it?", quipped ECS.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Eldo, Eldo... where art thou...?
After finishing his Bee Ale, the man produced a photo album collection of "TJB" initials on mountainsides, prairies, dry like beds, and even on old Burma Shave road signs.
"See", the man said," Beale was everywhere and left clues that only those who can read the words of Reavis would understand. I once followed a terrapin that had "TJB" painted on its back for 6 months".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread