Why no open dialogue?

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm posting this here because I know wherever else I post it, a mod will just move it here. And that's the problem. Why is open dialogue not encouraged by a certain mod? Why is it that if someone disagrees with him, even respectfully, the post made by the dissenter is deleted? We're all grown ups here and are encouraged to act as such. I request the mods do the same and allow posts that make valid arguments against the mod's opinion to remain. It's terribly childish and immature to delete them simply because they do not share your opinion and it stifles the potential to make this site better. Mods are not perfect and that's ok. But learn to own the imperfections. Mod does not equal God.

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right. And I'm not talking about the jack asses or controversial topics. I'm talking simple civil disagreement with the mods and the dissenting posts get deleted.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because you have no right to destroy someone elses thread, just so you can argue !

Or accuse members of anything.

sorry that is just how it is.

TreasureNet - Rules

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because you have no right to destroy someone elses thread, just so you can argue !

Or accuse members of anything.

sorry that is just how it is.

TreasureNet - Rules

Not at all what anyone was doing. They were stating the obvious. You disagreed and went to bat for the guy and deleted posts that disagreed with your opinion. Of all places, a treasure forum should be a place where various thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics are welcome. Instead, you just delete whatever you don't. Disagree with them, tell them to knock it off, but why delete posts? Seriously. Why not leave the posts so readers can hear both sides of a story? There were no rule violations and anyone who read it knows that. But maybe that's why you did it. You have a short fuse and figure you can just do whatever you want so you just delete posts that disagree with you so others don't know what's going on. And I'm not just talking about that one thread. You do it constantly for a variety of immature reasons. There are ways of disagreeing and maintaining order without resorting to gestapo tactics.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not at all what anyone was doing. They were stating the obvious. You disagreed and went to bat for the guy and deleted posts that disagreed with your opinion. Of all places, a treasure forum should be a place where various thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics are welcome. Instead, you just delete whatever you don't. Disagree with them, tell them to knock it off, but why delete posts? Seriously. Why not leave the posts so readers can hear both sides of a story? There were no rule violations and anyone who read it knows that. But maybe that's why you did it. You have a short fuse and figure you can just do whatever you want so you just delete posts that disagree with you so others don't know what's going on. And I'm not just talking about that one thread. You do it constantly for a variety of immature reasons. There are ways of disagreeing and maintaining order without resorting to gestapo tactics.

Customx, read our rules and follow them. Do not attack Jeff or any mod here again. This is only warning you will receive from me..

Per TreasureNet Rules

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

" We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

PS, Jeff of PA is the nice one....

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Customx, read our rules and follow them. Do not attack Jeff or any mod here again. This is only warning you will receive from me..

Per TreasureNet Rules

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

" We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

PS, Jeff of PA is the nice one....

Oh, I'm well aware that it's the right of the mods given that it's a private forum. I wasn't aware of the rule about sending a pm. Incidentally, is there an actual point to sending a pm? Or will that just be ignored and deleted like so many posts? Serious question, not trying to be snarky. I've had multiple posts deleted by this one mod so a pm conversation to address whatever issue he has with me would be welcomed. But only if it's an actual conversation and not just me filling up his pm trash bin.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember deleting several of your posts, but Then I don't keep track of who says what.
but if you have had several deleted by me, I would guess you like arguing.
or can't take no for an answer .
I think Facebook like hate posts :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I'm well aware that it's the right of the mods given that it's a private forum. I wasn't aware of the rule about sending a pm. Incidentally, is there an actual point to sending a pm? Or will that just be ignored and deleted like so many posts? Serious question, not trying to be snarky. I've had multiple posts deleted by this one mod so a pm conversation to address whatever issue he has with me would be welcomed. But only if it's an actual conversation and not just me filling up his pm trash bin.

If you read our rules you would have known. Mods delete posts that violate the rules... The thread was in "What is it Worth" and such it was valid and allowed.

If you or any member thinks a post violates the rules you report it, then you leave it alone and allow the mods or admins to address it. If mod agrees they will take action, delete, edit or leave it alone if we see no problem..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and for the Record a post like that in for sale would have been a problem, because then it would have been a
classified add, & charter Membership would have been needed.
maybe Dealer add if they are a Business.

but they just asked what is it worth stating what they expect.

honest answers From "Nothing" up would be allowed as long as they were not posted as an attack.

but you cannot publicly accuse members of anything .
there is no way I can allow a member to be driven off by another member who thinks they
know something .

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and for the Record a post like that in for sale would have been a problem, because then it would have been a
classified add, & charter Membership would have been needed.
maybe Dealer add if they are a Business.

but they just asked what is it worth stating what they expect.

honest answers From "Nothing" up would be allowed as long as they were not posted as an attack.

but you cannot publicly accuse members of anything .
there is no way I can allow a member to be driven off by another member who thinks they
know something .

I'm aware of the category it was posted in but the body of the message was clearly different from the category. But hey, that's your guys' deal. I actually couldn't care less about that. It was the way that you rushed to his defense and deleted posts that was uncalled for, in my opinion. Nonetheless, I am now aware of the pm rule and intend to utilize that in the future.

As an aside, is there a section of the forum for suggestions? I was looking for one but couldn't find it. Maybe I overlooked it?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no there is no suggestion section.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have a good idea of which threads your referring to.....But first In the Mods defense, I have made jokes, in threads, been all over off topic and circle back again, and have even had minor disagreements with mods and have never felt attacked or singled out by any mods.

Back to the threads, I think some of us see what "might" be coming. I felt kind of the same way as you (maybe) about the threads and made some jokes about it. I Feel it's being indirectly done( to stay vague). But the rules are the rules and until that line is crossed(with the threads)? The mods are doing what they are supposed to?

I can only assume what threads your referring to, and really do see both sides! But we aren't the police of the site? We can just bring it to there attention. And voice what we "think" about it in a PM. I get all that!

Just add to the threads with fact, that shows others what it actually is or value! In case there is a "blind" interest, or agenda? I did it on two of them! It is fact, it also shows my opinion, without attacking.

So? Why so angry! This place is for fun!!:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have a good idea of which threads your referring to.....But first In the Mods defense, I have made jokes, in threads, been all over off topic and circle back again, and have even had minor disagreements with mods and have never felt attacked or singled out by any mods.

Back to the threads, I think some of us see what "might" be coming. I felt kind of the same way as you (maybe) about the threads and made some jokes about it. I Feel it's being indirectly done( to stay vague). But the rules are the rules and until that line is crossed(with the threads)? The mods are doing what they are supposed to?

I can only assume what threads your referring to, and really do see both sides! But we aren't the police of the site? We can just bring it to there attention. And voice what we "think" about it in a PM. I get all that!

Just add to the threads with fact, that shows others what it actually is or value! In case there is a "blind" interest, or agenda? I did it on two of them! It is fact, it also shows my opinion, without attacking.

So? Why so angry! This place is for fun!!:laughing7:

Who's angry? I just want open dialogue.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know allot gets by me, But if you do it in front of my Face there is a better chance
I'm going to call you on it. & the simple fact is, If you try to argue with me in someone elses thread,
I'm not going to feed the argument. I'm going to end it.
I've seen & probably caused a few threads to go Viral here By trying to explain my position in someone elses thread. it never ends well :( .
All members New & old have a right to feel welcome in their "own" threads.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's angry? I just want open dialogue.

I'm just joking around! The first post kind of sounded angry.

I understand what you are saying! I wanted soo much to call those what they were. But, I sat back and thought....There is that possibility of another reason.

Like I said I'm just guessing at this point and really is none of my business, I just "may" have felt the same way, until I sat back and looked at both sides. Is all I was getting at.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to make a formal suggestion for a formal suggestion section.
LOL got a suggestion ? Send me a PM & Suggest it.

as for a formal suggestion section. you can always use the help section.
or General Discussion. as long as your Suggestion is Civil .
and not a suggestion to judge others in open forums.

don't suggest I go to that place where it is hot all year long.
I will delete it :laughing7:
I'm still waiting for it to come to me
tongue3.gif

I wanna get in the ground Floor of detecting there.

Lotta Parties, Lotta lost items.
and not 49 degrees on May 2

b3KgE.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL got a suggestion ? Send me a PM & Suggest it.

as for a formal suggestion section. you can always use the help section.
or General Discussion. as long as your Suggestion is Civil .
and not a suggestion to judge others in open forums.

don't suggest I go to that place where it is hot all year long.
I will delete it :laughing7:
I'm still waiting for it to come to me :tongue3:

I wanna get in the ground Floor of detecting there.

Lotta Parties, Lotta lost items.
and not 49 degrees on May 2

View attachment 1307344

HA! Is that "pic" a MAY DAY (1st of May) "happening"...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread