Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "Thread is a lie" addition caught my attention, else I probably never would have clicked it as lead seals are not high on my interest list.

Really unfortunate, safe to say we have all lied at some time or other, just about every parent has lied to their children convincing them of santa claus and the tooth fairy ect. But lies like that of course are actually for good reasons, whereas an adult lying about fraudulent finds is not.
http forums have given people access to potentially 1,000's of other people to view posts of both legit finds and BS, I guess thats just too much for some attention seekers to resist. Everyones different, I personally have found 100's of gold/silver rings, chains,charms,bracelets, old coins ect but have only pictured and posted a very small fraction of them, I almost feel that its no ones business what I find so I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum. So I found a gold ring ? I don't see it as anything special to anyone else but me.

It is exciting to hunt, when I get a good signal its like a present and I almost feel like a kid in front of a Christmas tree waiting to open [dig] them. I know in advance that odds are it is a bottlecap and pulltab, but every so often you see that sweet glimmer of gold/silver or an old coin, and no matter how many you find, that rush never gets any less. I found a Tiffany .925 silver band the other day in the water, I felt like I won a paid trip to Disneyland, and that to me is the beauty of metal detecting.

That said, I like seeing what other people find, pretty much why I joined a forum like this, so I don't begrudge those who post everything that they find, entirely their business so long as they keep it real.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Thread is a lie" addition caught my attention, else I probably never would have clicked it as lead seals are not high on my interest list.

Really unfortunate, safe to say we have all lied at some time or other, just about every parent has lied to their children convincing them of santa claus and the tooth fairy ect. But lies like that of course are actually for good reasons, whereas an adult lying about fraudulent finds is not.
http forums have given people access to potentially 1,000's of other people to view posts of both legit finds and BS, I guess thats just too much for some attention seekers to resist. Everyones different, I personally have found 100's of gold/silver rings, chains,charms,bracelets, old coins ect but have only pictured and posted a very small fraction of them, I almost feel that its no ones business what I find so I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum. So I found a gold ring ? I don't see it as anything special to anyone else but me.

It is exciting to hunt, when I get a good signal its like a present and I almost feel like a kid in front of a Christmas tree waiting to open [dig] them. I know in advance that odds are it is a bottlecap and pulltab, but every so often you see that sweet glimmer of gold/silver or an old coin, and no matter how many you find, that rush never gets any less. I found a Tiffany .925 silver band the other day in the water, I felt like I won a paid trip to Disneyland, and that to me is the beauty of metal detecting.

That said, I like seeing what other people find, pretty much why I joined a forum like this, so I don't begrudge those who post everything that they find, entirely their business so long as they keep it real.

I post to share with the others that love colonial history and finds like I do. I truly enjoy seeing these items from the earliest settlement in the states. So I figure if I don't share with the folks that share with me I'm not giving back to them like I should be. But I totally understand and respect where you're coming from.
It's just so disappointing when I find myself questioning so many posts that I see. I hate being that person but when you get deceived enough you're just a bit on guard to say the least. I have tried to always post dirty pics of my better finds so there's no question. It just helps to eliminate all doubt. Once in awhile I pull a coin that looks fantastic. I've learned that if you pull enough old coins you will get lucky now and again with a couple of beauties. What people don't remember us the piles of old coins that are completely blank or barely show any detail at all.
Hopefully we can weed these people out. Whether they realize it or not a lot of us already know they're lying. We just don't have time to try to prove it.

Magnum (using a) PI

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNet should have a section to dedicated "outed" false claims / posts where they could be moved to for all to see but not added further to.
as a warning to others they cant get away with it!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see what all the fuss is about. The guy said in his title the thread was a lie so did y'all expect
something else?
Have any of you ever heard of a lairs club? They are people that meet and tell lies for entertainment.
Example: I was plowing my corn field with my mules. Soon it was so hot the corn began to pop. My mules
thought it was snowing and laid down and froze to death.

I mean he said in the beginning it was a lie.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't see what all the fuss is about. The guy said in his title the thread was a lie so did y'all expect
something else?
Have any of you ever heard of a lairs club? They are people that meet and tell lies for entertainment.
Example: I was plowing my corn field with my mules. Soon it was so hot the corn began to pop. My mules
thought it was snowing and laid down and froze to death.

I mean he said in the beginning it was a lie.

Am pretty sure a mod added the "lie" part to the thread title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread