NEW CONTEST - Page 1710
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1710 of 1776 FirstFirst ... 71012101610166017001708170917101711171217201760 ... LastLast
Results 25,636 to 25,650 of 26631
Like Tree6233Likes

Thread: NEW CONTEST

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2014
    Central California
    Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
    1666 times
    Metal Detecting
    I finally took down the Cowboys flag we had flying on the front of my house for my wifeís lifelong team. Granted, sheís from Texas but I donít want my house being egged.

Last
    flyadive likes this.

fr
    Oct 2019
    Alsace
    Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter Equinox 600
    368 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Vegans rock.....
    youze all jealous....innit.
    Stay off my last
    'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.'

us
    May 2014
    Central California
    1666 times
    Metal Detecting

NEW CONTEST

Jealous of?
    Not looking emaciated? Not being ďthat personĒ at a party? Not being able to bite into a juicy steak? Not being able to keep warm during the winter by pulling on a cozy piece of wool clothing or slipping on a pair of shoes that has leather trim? Not being able to enjoy a delicious cookie, a piece of bread or anything chocolate because it has refined sugar in it? Having to spend half my time at a grocery store reading ingredient labels? Having to take supplements and get B12 shots because Iím not getting enough in my diet? Having to go to a different car dealership because the quality car I actually want to buy comes with a leather steering wheel? Not being able to ever eat an exquisite piece of pizza because it has cheese on it? Not being able to lay my head down on a comfortable down pillow? Not being able to look professional by wearing a silk tie? Not being able to hide actual eggs for my kids during Easter? Not being able to drink some beer and wine because itís made with isinglass / gelatin? Not being able to etc, etc, etc...........
    No thank you! Even IF there are some (few) health benefits of being a vegan, Iíll take a year or two shorter life than to sacrifice those things in life that actually make life fun and enjoyable.

Last!!
    Last edited by sjvalleyhunter; Dec 02, 2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Added a couple
    flyadive likes this.

us
    May 2014
    Central California
    1666 times
    Metal Detecting
    And I certainly hope you donít watch or support football or baseball. After all, they are throwing around the skin of a dead animal. (Gasp!)

Last
    flyadive likes this.

fr
    Oct 2019
    Alsace
    368 times
    Yup.... Jealous..
    I knew it.

Last
    flyadive likes this.
    'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.'

fr
    Oct 2019
    Alsace
    368 times
    Just to be clear.
    I chose a plant/cereal based diet for personal reasons, health reasons. I am no eco-warrior, nor am i all concerned by Greta and the Vegan bullshit that hits the media. I dropped meat, fish and chicken, dairy and eggs. That is all, yes i avoid gelatine in sweets and beers, but i brew my own, so no worries there. My dad suffers from serious heart issues, my brother from high blood pressure, both of which are diet related. So i made a change. At 45 years old i am now the fittest i have been since college basketball team, in the mid 80's.
    I am not an animal rights activist, i do not lecture people on their lifestyle choices, nor do i mock. Everyone is free to live how they want, and the vegan diet suits me perfectly, i now run everyday, have lost all my flabby bits,,, and am generally full of energy.
    My bloods are checked regularly and i am exactly where i should be on all levels.
    I exercise everyday, lift weights, run, and metal detect, with my heart rate always below 100BPM, unless i think i've finally hit a gold coin

Yes there are lot's of annoying vegan types around, they bug me too...
    I did it for my health and for my kids.

But i can joke about it..

Also dropped coffee/caffiene a decade ago. And alcohol since mid August, as i over did it a 'bit' at a party and i challenged myself to drink no more till Xmas,, i like a challenge.
    flyadive likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21498 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralDruid View Post
    Just to be clear.
    I chose a plant/cereal based diet for personal reasons, health reasons. I am no eco-warrior, nor am i all concerned by Greta and the Vegan bullshit that hits the media. I dropped meat, fish and chicken, dairy and eggs. That is all, yes i avoid gelatine in sweets and beers, but i brew my own, so no worries there. My dad suffers from serious heart issues, my brother from high blood pressure, both of which are diet related. So i made a change. At 45 years old i am now the fittest i have been since college basketball team, in the mid 80's.
    I am not an animal rights activist, i do not lecture people on their lifestyle choices, nor do i mock. Everyone is free to live how they want, and the vegan diet suits me perfectly, i now run everyday, have lost all my flabby bits,,, and am generally full of energy.
    My bloods are checked regularly and i am exactly where i should be on all levels.
    I exercise everyday, lift weights, run, and metal detect, with my heart rate always below 100BPM, unless i think i've finally hit a gold coin

Yes there are lot's of annoying vegan types around, they bug me too...
    I did it for my health and for my kids.

But i can joke about it..

Also dropped coffee/caffiene a decade ago. And alcohol since mid August, as i over did it a 'bit' at a party and i challenged myself to drink no more till Xmas,, i like a challenge.
    Soooo, you're not a real Vegan??
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21498 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    GOOD MORNING TNET!!
    flyadive likes this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

fr
    Oct 2019
    Alsace
    368 times
    Vegan is a word that has been hijacked.
    I just don't eat anything with any animal or dairy content.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12480 times
    Thou hast awakened ValleyBeast!!!
    To appease His wrath thou must don a cloak made of bacon and drink a craft beer of your choice lest we all be destroyed!!! Go in haste and do thy penance!!!
    sjvalleyhunter likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    May 2014
    Central California
    1666 times
    Metal Detecting
    aka a vegetarian

Last

fr
    Oct 2019
    Alsace
    368 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sjvalleyhunter View Post
    aka a vegetarian

Last
    terms confuse you ?
    Vegetarians eat dairy and eggs, and honey.
    I don't, i was vegetarian for many years, now i have a vegan diet.

Emaciated ? 209 lbs, and none of it wobbles...
    Last edited by AstralDruid; Dec 02, 2019 at 11:13 AM.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12480 times
    This thread is over three years old. Valley wrote more words in one post than he has written the entire thread. From now on December 2nd shall be a Last holiday.
    Druid, you came to the right place to joke about your life. Since you are Vegan and a Druid may we call you VD?
    Mermaid is so happy you don't eat fish. She hates competition for her primary food source.
    Don't know about you eating grains and cereals. One doc on radio is really against that.
    People don't realize they are not getting vitamins and minerals. What are you doing for protein?
    I guess Dolphin is abducted or the Trolls got him.
    sjvalleyhunter and flyadive like this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

fr
    Oct 2019
    Alsace
    368 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    This thread is over three years old. Valley wrote more words in one post than he has written the entire thread. From now on December 2nd shall be a Last holiday.
    Druid, you came to the right place to joke about your life. Since you are Vegan and a Druid may we call you VD?
    Mermaid is so happy you don't eat fish. She hates competition for her primary food source.
    Don't know about you eating grains and cereals. One doc on radio is really against that.
    People don't realize they are not getting vitamins and minerals. What are you doing for protein?
    I guess Dolphin is abducted or the Trolls got him.
    hey, i don't mind a bit of craic,, VD has a bit of a panty liner smell to it though...
    Folks seem to feel challenged by me ? it is nothing new, really,, i tend to expose things in people.. Anyways, i am Vegan, so get over it !!
    flyadive likes this.

fr
    Oct 2019
    Alsace
    368 times
    Protein the macromolecule of confusion..
    The real question is why everyone thinks they need so much protein ? and why do they think only animals provide a protein source...? 2 myths rolled into one..
    I eat easily assimilated plant protein about thrice per week.. is plenty..

last
    flyadive likes this.

Sponsored Links