Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy,, nothing but paperwork all morning.
Everything mailed out. Okayed the home inspection for May 5th.
Last

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh boy,, nothing but paperwork all morning.
Everything mailed out. Okay ed the home inspection for May 5th.
Last

Be careful on the home inspector, my last one checked hardly anything and the sellers failed to disclose some info that I am sure they knew about. Sadly, I am a skilled tradesman and a licensed electrician and should have done a better job myself checking things out. I went into my (hopefully LAST) home purchase a couple years ago and kind of had a laxed attitude knowing that I was going to do a complete remodel anyway. Lesson learned: Check it all out, put eyes/hands on everything! Even if it means the previous owners need to move their crap out of the way so all can be inspected.

No disrespect to home inspectors, there are many good ones, but there are some that took a two week course and have zero background knowledge of construction and codes.

Rant over now! LOL

Oh and I am now LAST!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I don't mean to be rude,, but the current lady of the house asked my real estate agent to ask me if I was interested in buying her living room furniture.
The living room couch, love seat, chair and ottoman are all oversized, thick, and maroon. I think I'll pass.
Last

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disrespect to home inspectors, there are many good ones, but there are some that took a two week course and have zero background knowledge of construction and codes.

Seriously? I can become a licensed home inspector in just two weeks?! I think that would be a pretty stress free job. I may have my newest escape plan, thanks!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I already know there are a few things that would not have gotten by the VA inspector. That's why I'm going to put down 20% and go with a conventional loan.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going to be a good day

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
another painful day at work, time to sit down and relax

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions