Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of best things about where I live is that in an hour and a half drive east I can be at a 7000 foot elevation ski resort, two and a half hours west I can be laying on the beach watching the waves crash in, three hours to the north I can be in San Francisco and eating at a Michelin star restaurant, or theee hours south be in Los Angeles going to Disneyland, attending a pro sporting event or watching a live concert from a world famous artist. That can’t be done in any other part of the country.

Last

I had a blast there. I had to go there for a couple of weeks for work. Of course I stayed in a dump of a motel in Stockton because the job was right across the street. Like you said, a couple hours and you can do anything you want! That part was cool, I'm just not a city person. I loved New York City, ran all over the place at night after work. But wouldn't want to live there.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a blast there. I had to go there for a couple of weeks for work. Of course I stayed in a dump of a motel in Stockton because the job was right across the street. Like you said, a couple hours and you can do anything you want! That part was cool, I'm just not a city person. I loved New York City, ran all over the place at night after work. But wouldn't want to live there.

Well please don’t evaluate California on Stockton. It’s a toilet.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well please don’t evaluate California on Stockton. It’s a toilet.

Not at all, some of the laws,taxes and ideas, are what scare me.:laughing7: Other than that it's an awesome place!

And yes, Stockton was a dump, the motel had the pool locked and closed with a county letter(?) hahaha it was green and bottles floating. The room was so dirty I slept in my clothes, coat and shoes on using my backpack as a pillow. The room next to us? The guy was working on his truck!! Had parts in his room and all over the sidewalk...haha Not the worst place i've stayed in but was up there on the list.

We drove from there to lake Tahoe...That was awesome up that way. Lost my whole pay check there.:laughing7: And haven't gambled since.

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but they can drive to Calif as well....lol

or Corpis Christy? I know I butchered that in spelling.:laughing7:

added...
Nevermind!!!!!! I thought Arizona was closer than that for some reason....I guess I need to look at a map more often...:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread