NEW CONTEST

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cali would be a great place to live if wasn't for the Californians. Not including you Valley so don't get all riled up [emoji14]
I went to California as kid. Behind my aunt's house some woman had a huge baboon or chimp or something in a cage. Or maybe it was her hairy naked husband. And Philly people eat horse apples???
But I'm last.
Yeah....but...."Its always sunny in Philadelphia"
Last

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll be the first to admit we have an abundance of über liberal weirdos out here.

Last

We just got weirdos. Out on secondary roads awhile back and this guy was in his yard carrying a big bowie knife. He had about ten broken down trucks and cars in the weeds and tall grass. We stop to ask if he wanted to sell the short bed truck. Nope, gonna fix it. Turns out he made the knife. Did a fantastic job. Probably was in the middle of cutting up a body. But he was a nice dude. Pretty typical. Bet he wasn't a liberal either.

Last edited:

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just got weirdos. Out on secondary roads awhile back and this guy was in his yard carrying a big bowie knife. He had about ten broken down trucks and cars in the weeds and tall grass. We stop to ask if he wanted to sell the short bed truck. Nope, gonna fix it. Turns out he made the knife. Did a fantastic job. Probably was in the middle of cutting up a body. But he was a nice dude. Pretty typical. Bet he wasn't a liberal either.

That’s not weird. Sounds like most of my cousins.

Last

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s not weird. Sounds like most of my cousins.

Last

Well, I guess It's a case of pot calling the kettle black.
We don't think we're weird. And we got wanna be libs in the big cities.
Do they still hunt bear in the mountains in CA?

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess It's a case of pot calling the kettle black.
We don't think we're weird. And we got wanna be libs in the big cities.
Do they still hunt bear in the mountains in CA?

I never said you folk are weird. I only said that we have weirdos here in Cali. And we certainly have a lot of them.

And yes, they do hunt the black bears we have.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said you folk are weird. I only said that we have weirdos here in Cali. And we certainly have a lot of them.

And yes, they do hunt the black bears we have.

I meant me calling knife guy weird is pot calling kettle black. Didn't think you were calling us weird. I understood what you meant :)
I used to have coon hounds. Read stories about those bear hunters and their dogs in CA.
Wonder how much bear hunting is regulated there now.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although I was born and raised here in Cali, a good majority of my family lives in Oklahoma and Tennessee. A few years back I went to visit my Oklahoma side. After driving on a dirt road for a bit I got there and the moonshine was waiting for me. Literally. It was a fantastic trip. To see a different way of life where they have not a worry in the world was an eye opener.

Last

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant me calling knife guy weird is pot calling kettle black. Didn't think you were calling us weird. I understood what you meant :)
I used to have coon hounds. Read stories about those bear hunters and their dogs in CA.
Wonder how much bear hunting is regulated there now.
My dad use to raise and train dogs (blue ticks mostly) for coon hunting. He use to win state tournament's and he use to make alot of side money with the furs. Then everything went south on prices for furs. My brother in law works and runs a beaver trapping business on the side. He is contracted by several counties to do beaver removal. They cause alot of chaos with all the lakes, streams and ponds here in michigan.
Last

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I was born and raised here in Cali, a good majority of my family lives in Oklahoma and Tennessee. A few years back I went to visit my Oklahoma side. After driving on a dirt road for a bit I got there and the moonshine was waiting for me. Literally. It was a fantastic trip. To see a different way of life where they have not a worry in the world was an eye opener.

Last

Was it like culture shock? I never tasted moonshine.
One time we drove to Kansas to visit my sister. Then we come back to drop off my nephew who had stayed with us for a few weeks. So we drive and drive on this road. No homes or towns. Everything is red dust. Then in the middle of nowhere a welder's shop. And then miles and miles of more nothing lol. I imagine Okies aren't too much different from us.
I was born in Colorado, dad texas, mom Arkansas. But mostly raised here.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad use to raise and train dogs (blue ticks mostly) for coon hunting. He use to win state tournament's and he use to make alot of side money with the furs. Then everything went south on prices for furs. My brother in law works and runs a beaver trapping business on the side. He is contracted by several counties to do beaver removal. They cause alot of chaos with all the lakes, streams and ponds here in michigan.
Last

I had black&tan,walkers,English red ticks and a bluetick. I did it for fun. It is virtually over here. No more trucks with dog boxes in back. I would like to get another redtick. So your dad's dogs were registered and what they called Purple Ribbon? A good hound was high back then.
But I am last.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was it like culture shock? I never tasted moonshine.
One time we drove to Kansas to visit my sister. Then we come back to drop off my nephew who had stayed with us for a few weeks. So we drive and drive on this road. No homes or towns. Everything is red dust. Then in the middle of nowhere a welder's shop. And then miles and miles of more nothing lol. I imagine Okies aren't too much different from us.
I was born in Colorado, dad texas, mom Arkansas. But mostly raised here.

Well even though I was born and raised here in California, both of my parents are from the midwest so I was raised a little Okie. Visiting my relatives in Oklahoma felt like I was home. I was there during the Fourth of July and the town literally had a turtle racing contest. The night before everyone went to the local creek and found a turtle to enter into the race. Fortunately my relatives have a pond on their property so we didn’t have to look far.

As for moonshine, it doesn’t have much of a taste. It just burns and gets you drunk. So in other words, it was fantastic!

Last

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest: