Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

WENT to my local bank today( been there for years)
wanted to take out $3000 cash, filled the slip and gave my ID
teller says where do you work?
I SAY WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT?
I SAY A FURNITURE SHOP
she says what do you do there?
WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT?
I WANT TO TALK TO THE MANAGER
20 minutes later the manager says the same thing, no why no here's how to get past it, no nothing
I SAID I'LL BE BACK TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNTS

anyone else run into this?

zeroed4x

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2012
Sunrise, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eqinox 800, Fisher CZ3D and 9 others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I SAY A FURNITURE SHOP
20 minutes later the manager says the same thing, no why no here's how to get past it, no nothing

Please do not let these people treat you like this.
Get the names of the bank turds who you've spoken with, times and dates.
Issue complaints at the highest levels, close and then move your accounts.
If they have a board of directors or a regional president, send the SOB a letter by registered mail with a signature required and return receipt.
Call your local news agencies, call your local newspaper and television stations..... ask them to cover it.
If you have a local consumer advocacy group, contact them.
Make it known that your bank has turned fascist gestapo and why.
It is a banks privileged to have you and your money at their bank, they will be sorry but only if enough people hear about it.
The only way to fight ridiculous crap like this is to put them on their backs and place both boots on their face.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
huzzah! I fired a sternly worded email to the bank

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when I want to join the first nazi bank I'll let them know

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be to prevent someone robbing you, they want to make sure you are you i believe.
I would be pissed if someone just gave three thousand dollars of my hard earned money away.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Years ago a bank teller told me I had to sign an affidavit stating I was not laundering money when I said I wanted to withdraw X amount.
I explained that the bank had a record of each deposit made and they were direct electronic deposits from the/my same employer.
'It is required by law" ,was the answer.
Then give me all my money then ,and close my account.. was my answer. And away I went to another bank.

I loan the bank money. They make more interest off it than I do.
Current long term bank charges me more interest to borrow than they pay me.
Considering my accounts ,they don't ask questions beyond how I want it when I withdraw any amount of money. (So far over a decade plus anyways..)

Rule # 1 = don't put your hand up the golden goose's butt.

AurumHunter024

May 10, 2018
CO, 4 corners
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want an understanding of banking operations & its history check out the book "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G Edward Griffin.

From the posts above, yalls understanding of the banking system, in general, is flawed.

#1 is about WHO owns the money.... and it isn't YOU!

Legal definitions are extremely important, due to color of law, so have a copy of Blacks Law Dictionary available as well.

Webster is not your friend when it comes to legal definitions. Though, a Judge would have you believe so.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want an understanding of banking operations & its history check out the book "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G Edward Griffin.

From the posts above, yalls understanding of the banking system, in general, is flawed.

Legal definitions are extremely important, due to color of law, so have a copy of Blacks Law Dictionary available as well.

Webster is not your friend when it comes to legal definitions. Though, a Judge would have you believe so.

I'm loaning the bank my money.
I also borrow money from the same bank.
Guess who makes more off the other?
Still ,legally we owe each other.

However ,when I wish to withdraw money ,they oblige or they will face my accounts being cashed out.
I can demand my money. They can demand their money. My accounts balances far outweighs anything I owe them, so who will lose the most if I am not allowed to make withdrawals?

In my case ,the bank I do the most transactions with today fully understands my requirements with them. They might be quiet when a large withdrawal is made ,just as they can with a large deposit. But both transactions are by my choice. Not theirs. Or I'll go elsewhere.
They can provide the service I desire ,or quote legalities. I am already aware of the legalities. Those can be found at any bank.
The manager still smiles and greets me by name , has time to talk if desired .So the bank is alright with our relationship. Is it legal?

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

a book? ain't nobody got time for that

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They pay you squat for interest and then you hear about their 6 and 7 figure incomes and bonuses. Where's the moral imperative in that?

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The scammers and crooks have ruined "convenience" banking for the rest of us.

Another example for this thread: A few months ago I was heading into town when my sister asked me to swing by and pick up a couple of checks she needed depositing at her bank. Sure, no problem. I got the checks and the deposit slip that she had ready, all filled-out. No cash-back needed.

The drive-thru looked busy so I went in, waited my turn for a teller and placed checks and slip on the counter and said "just need to deposit these please". Clerk asked if this was my account. "No it's my sister's. I'm just doing her a favor. Deposit only, no cash back". Clerk said "sorry but she has to come in and do it herself." Why, I asked ? The clerk excused herself and returned with the bank manager. I noticed a security guard eyeballing me nervously.

"Sir, this policy is for our customer's protection. You could be trying to deposit bogus checks into her account".

?????!

I showed the manager both checks totaled less than $60 and if they would apply some common sense to this circumstance. I then invited him to call her via the number they have on file and verify who I was and what I was doing with her deposit slip. The manager gave an excuse that they don't know who might answer the phone number they have on file, and said something about privacy rights.

At this point I thought it was getting ridiculous and probably raised my voice in anger. . The security guard started approaching so I collected the checks and just left in disgust.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Imagine how you would have been treated had you not been the bank president ? ha ha.jpg

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was making a withdrawal from my bank and the teller asked if I was buying something I told her no but I was going to a extended stay at the mustang ranch in Nevada. No question since.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same happened to me could not deposit cash in my wifes acc

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I SAY A FURNITURE SHOP

were you wearing your pharaoh outfit?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread