hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I have dealt with numbers less than zero in working with pressures. Like a fan discharge might have a positive number, the intake might be a negative number or less than zero. In this case it's the measuring system. If I were to measure using absolute pressures, all measurements would be positive and the new zero would be actual zero.
I remember reading about a scientist trying to explain zero to some tribe in a rain forest. They thought he was nuts.
The journey of negative numbers will eventually arrive at empty time and empty space me thinks.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, where there is no light there is darkness. In the far reaches of space I would think there is darkness.

Darkness is the only thing that can travel at or faster than the speed of light. Because wherever light goes darkness has to move fast enough to get out of the way.

Zero is what exists between all the positive numbers and all the negative numbers.

Think of it in binary: "0" is off vs the "1" used to indicate on. So the number 214 looks like 11010110. Not really holding a place - just indicating that place is "off" in the base code.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread