Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard a guy on tv once who said numbers are ideas.
Which is a neat perspective.
But I am wondering if 0 is a number. No one says I have a number of pears, which is zero, because I have none.
Since zero is nothing, and symbolises nothing, then really does not the number 100 represent one-nothing-nothing? That hundred pennies you hoard for hard times is actually only one penny.
Just a random thought.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
You are thinking deep today HBP!

To me and if I remember right 0 designates a value.

100 pennies has a $1.00 Value.

I just like to watch the water jugs fill up with them! lol!

Except Wheats and Indians...I really do like finding those.

Did you see that guy who had been collecting pennies in jugs for 45yrs or so? WOW...He collected some serious bank on that with pennies.

Kace

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are thinking deep today HBP!

To me and if I remember right 0 designates a value.

100 pennies has a $1.00 Value.

I just like to watch the water jugs fill up with them! lol!

Except Wheats and Indians...I really do like finding those.

Did you see that guy who had been collecting pennies in jugs for 45yrs or so? WOW...He collected some serious bank on that with pennies.

Kace

There had to be some very valuable pennies in those jugs right?
If you have water jugs full of pennies, have you ever considered what to do if you need to move them?
Those things got to be heavy!
Imagine shooting a jug full of pennies with a .45 lol

Awhile back I saw a YT vid of a guy who paid for a roll of Skoal with change. He was pretending to be a red neck. Poor checker looked like she had reached her limit.
So 0 is not a number...

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a world of flawed words and people the fact that it exists and is used makes it part of our language therefore it is a number . A base number or reference for our numbers to work if its 20 below zero the zero is a base number. I thought I was sounding good for a minute. lol is huh a word or uhmm is light light or just the absence of darkness

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a world of flawed words and people the fact that it exists and is used makes it part of our language therefore it is a number . A base number or reference for our numbers to work if its 20 below zero the zero is a base number. I thought I was sounding good for a minute. lol is huh a word or uhmm is light light or just the absence of darkness

Well, where there is no light there is darkness. In the far reaches of space I would think there is darkness.
If you read the link zero was invented.
I heard once it is a place holder.
The world is very complex.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Take away the zero (0) and your computer will stop working, ( again :laughing7: ).

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I don't voice an opinion about your question, then I guess I would be saying nothing. Is zero the same as nothing??

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you have zero dogs in the hunt? But if you read the story you find India invented zero. Before that we had nothing???
Wait...we had nothing the zero was invented so we could have change in our pocket.
I can't get past the Italians outlawing zero. But their merchants continued to use it ILLEGALLY!
https://www.livescience.com/27853-who-invented-zero.html

If I don't voice an opinion about your question, then I guess I would be saying nothing. Is zero the same as nothing??

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't expend to much brain usage on that one. Do this exercise. It will truly blow your mind. Attempt to draw a time line , to scale, of the 4.5 billion years the earth has been around, and on that scale, try to see the 6 million years we started walking upright. How long would the line have to be in order to actually find that 6 million year mark? Just saying.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My wife paid 0 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks the other day because she had to wait so long. We think it's a number. And a good one.

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife paid 0 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks the other day because she had to wait so long. We think it's a number. And a good one.

Well, you can thank India for having a 0 to give for that coffee:)

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, where there is no light there is darkness. In the far reaches of space I would think there is darkness.
If you read the link zero was invented.
I heard once it is a place holder.
The world is very complex.

So you have traveled through space?? I suspected all along that you were related to Honest Sam. Ah ha,,

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you have traveled through space?? I suspected all along that you were related to Honest Sam. Ah ha,,
No, but I would guess if you had no flashlight out there where there are no stars it would be dark.
I have had missing time but it was due to Red Bud-not aliens, who always wear atomic watches and are very prompt.
Honest Samuel was my partner in a secret plot to win New Contest. I think the cat took off with him to Ananus, the alien world (not to be confused with Uranus).
His cat is Tippy? Or Tipsy, or Miss Tipsy. Forgot.
We are not related, unless he has a lot of money.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zero is the number for nothing quite simply. And it is the place holder in the decimal system when nothing exists for that position. It is how we see mathematically the diffeference between .1 and .01 ten cents and a penny as an example no other number means nothing no matter how Ifinite it’s decimal

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but I would guess if you had no flashlight out there where there are no stars it would be dark.
I have had missing time but it was due to Red Bud-not aliens, who always wear atomic watches and are very prompt.
Honest Samuel was my partner in a secret plot to win New Contest. I think the cat took off with him to Ananus, the alien world (not to be confused with Uranus).
His cat is Tippy? Or Tipsy, or Miss Tipsy. Forgot.
We are not related, unless he has a lot of money.
I knew you were in cahoots with Sam! I was 0% sure of it!
Last

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew you were in cahoots with Sam! I was 0% sure of it!
Last

Our cahootness was openly discussed in the other thread. You should have been .000000000001 % sure.
But now I'm thinking: Leptons and quarks constitute the smallest particles of matter, based on contemporary evidence in the field of particle physics.
But if you dismantle them they have to be made of smaller things. But doesn't a point come when there is nothing. Maybe you flip through to an alternate universe? Imagine these numbers representing matter being broken down into smaller parts.
6543210|0123456. The line represents the wall between our universe and the next.
Anyway, by the time Sam is off his time out, I will be a fossil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread