Cat recipes - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: Cat recipes

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12113 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Some kitty facts:
    In Guangdong and Guangxi provinces in south-eastern China, some–especially older–people consider cat flesh a good warming food during winter months. However, in northern China eating cat is considered unacceptable

In Guangdong, cat meat is a main ingredient in the traditional dish "dragon, tiger, phoenix" (snake, cat, chicken), which is said to fortify the body

With the increase of cats as pets in China, opposition towards the traditional use of cats for food has grown. In June 2006, approximately 40 activists stormed the Fangji Cat Meatball Restaurant in Shenzhen, forcing it to shut down.

In the Animist Narikurava community in India; it has been reported that cat meat has been served on the occasion of the birth of a male child.

Nice to see China is getting away from that.
    trdking and Kray Gelder like this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    46314 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking
    In Guangdong and Guangxi provinces in south-eastern China, some–especially older–people consider cat flesh a good warming food during winter months. However, in northern China eating cat is considered unacceptable.
    =========
    As in United States it is unacceptable.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6169 times
    Prospecting
    Survival has a lot to do with where you live, and what kind of
    skills you have.

My property is on a large river that gets 4-5 runs of salmon a year,
    there's wildlife everywhere. Even if snowed in and no power, I could
    still get to the river for water and dinner.

My Mrs. grew up on a farm in Illinois, and we have a full sized freezer
    and two fridge-freezers. We'd probably be good for at least three months
    just with what is here.

I discussed the idea of having cat or dog for dinner with my buddy Scruff,
    and he was rather adamant that dogs would definitely taste better than
    cats. Asked him what should I do if I can't find a dog? Name:  catitude1small.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  105.2 KB

My neighbors cat sauntered over, and I asked her what she thought
    about it all...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery_5862_542_39763 (2).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	1651527
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    46314 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking
    That is a hilarious picture for sure !

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6899 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post

not sure how I'm feeling bout this....

mf's should buy a can of spray paint & learn to mark roadkill,
    if they that desperate..... j/s...
    That reminds me of the especially delicious Himalayan Possum stew Because we found Himalayan in the road
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-tekker-cat View Post

not sure how I'm feeling bout this....

mf's should buy a can of spray paint & learn to mark roadkill,
    if they that desperate..... j/s...
    I hope no one eats their cat My brother's cats love me cause I give them pieces of meat as opposed to their usual canned stuff. Well, love might be too strong. a word.
    Kray Gelder, trdking and Simon1 like this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8979 times
    Why would you spray paint road kill? I have picked up road kill to eat, sure as heck would not go putting paint on my food.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4642 times
    I think cats are better served as a condiment. Cat soup and Fries go great together!
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Why would you spray paint road kill? I have picked up road kill to eat, sure as heck would not go putting paint on my food.
    Maybe to mask the odor? No idea.
    Oddjob, Kray Gelder and trdking like this.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    Maybe to mask the odor? No idea.
    Good wine soak and 12 days in the deep freezer, if it still smells then throw it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    7033 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Lol, you use the spray paint to mark the old roadkill, when heading out in the morning, that way, upon return in the evening or at night, anything that doesn't have spray paint mark, you know is "fresh"....

I can't believe I actually had to explain that.....
    or, even know them things....

Of course, no one wants a sick cat....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cat-Projectile-Vomit-folder2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	1651559
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    7696 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    If you have ever spent anytime in Vietnam you have eaten both! Known it or not
    Uncle Sam did not send me to Vietnam. Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Karachi Pakistan ( armpit of the world IMHO ). I would always buy the mystery meat chunks on a stick, cooked by some street vendor over a small charcoal burner. Very tasty! We called it monkey meat, who knows what it was. As you say, could have been cat, dog, or monkey.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6899 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    Uncle Sam did not send me to Vietnam. Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Karachi Pakistan ( armpit of the world IMHO ). I would always buy the mystery meat chunks on a stick, cooked by some street vendor over a small charcoal burner. Very tasty! We called it monkey meat, who knows what it was. As you say, could have been cat, dog, or monkey.
    I would have to say 99% positive on the monkey or rat/cat. Dog is a bit of a delicacy. 50/50 on a street vendor serving it. Would be in the better restaurants
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    7696 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    Some kitty facts:
    In Guangdong and Guangxi provinces in south-eastern China, some–especially older–people consider cat flesh a good warming food during winter months. However, in northern China eating cat is considered unacceptable

In Guangdong, cat meat is a main ingredient in the traditional dish "dragon, tiger, phoenix" (snake, cat, chicken), which is said to fortify the body

With the increase of cats as pets in China, opposition towards the traditional use of cats for food has grown. In June 2006, approximately 40 activists stormed the Fangji Cat Meatball Restaurant in Shenzhen, forcing it to shut down.

In the Animist Narikurava community in India; it has been reported that cat meat has been served on the occasion of the birth of a male child.

Nice to see China is getting away from that.
    The Chinese have eaten every animal there is. All the birds are gone, game is gone, I doubt any reptiles are left. Every square inch of land has something growing on it. Of course, I exaggerate, but not by much.

I might mention, in a small town not far from me, the Chinese restaurant is next door to the SPCA shelter...Hmmm.
    Oddjob and Hillbilly Prince like this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    7696 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    I would have to say 99% positive on the monkey or rat/cat. Dog is a bit of a delicacy. 50/50 on a street vendor serving it. Would be in the better restaurants
    Never thought of rat. If it was, it was yummy.
    Oddjob and Hillbilly Prince like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links