Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you spray paint road kill? I have picked up road kill to eat, sure as heck would not go putting paint on my food.
Lol, you use the spray paint to mark the old roadkill, when heading out in the morning, that way, upon return in the evening or at night, anything that doesn't have spray paint mark, you know is "fresh".... ;D

I can't believe I actually had to explain that..... :laughing7:
or, even know them things.... :BangHead:

Of course, no one wants a sick cat.... :laughing7:

Cat-Projectile-Vomit-folder2.jpg

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have ever spent anytime in Vietnam you have eaten both! Known it or not

Uncle Sam did not send me to Vietnam. Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Karachi Pakistan ( armpit of the world IMHO ). I would always buy the mystery meat chunks on a stick, cooked by some street vendor over a small charcoal burner. Very tasty! We called it monkey meat, who knows what it was. As you say, could have been cat, dog, or monkey.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uncle Sam did not send me to Vietnam. Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Karachi Pakistan ( armpit of the world IMHO ). I would always buy the mystery meat chunks on a stick, cooked by some street vendor over a small charcoal burner. Very tasty! We called it monkey meat, who knows what it was. As you say, could have been cat, dog, or monkey.
I would have to say 99% positive on the monkey or rat/cat. Dog is a bit of a delicacy. 50/50 on a street vendor serving it. Would be in the better restaurants

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some kitty facts:
In Guangdong and Guangxi provinces in south-eastern China, some–especially older–people consider cat flesh a good warming food during winter months. However, in northern China eating cat is considered unacceptable

In Guangdong, cat meat is a main ingredient in the traditional dish "dragon, tiger, phoenix" (snake, cat, chicken), which is said to fortify the body

With the increase of cats as pets in China, opposition towards the traditional use of cats for food has grown. In June 2006, approximately 40 activists stormed the Fangji Cat Meatball Restaurant in Shenzhen, forcing it to shut down.

In the Animist Narikurava community in India; it has been reported that cat meat has been served on the occasion of the birth of a male child.

Nice to see China is getting away from that.:cat::cat::cat:

The Chinese have eaten every animal there is. All the birds are gone, game is gone, I doubt any reptiles are left. Every square inch of land has something growing on it. Of course, I exaggerate, but not by much.

I might mention, in a small town not far from me, the Chinese restaurant is next door to the SPCA shelter...Hmmm.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have to say 99% positive on the monkey or rat/cat. Dog is a bit of a delicacy. 50/50 on a street vendor serving it. Would be in the better restaurants

Never thought of rat. If it was, it was yummy.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assumed you were joking lol. Be funny to have a handful of fake eagle feathers to show them.
I'm for conservation but some of those types need lives.

Tree Huggers don't understand conservation We have had them live in large trees for months to keep the loggers from cutting down a very mature tree. They don't understand that these need to go to make room for new healthy trees. TO manage the forrest. Like people getting in an uproar (excuse the pun) over charging a hunter 50 grand to shoot a lion that would die of natural causes in a year any way. It thins the heard for young new and prosperous. We had a couple tree campers die when that big tree they were "protecting" Up and decided to fall over on them. And then there are the fires. Millions of dollars in valuable timber went up in smoke this year because no one was allowed to thin and manage it. Don't get me started! idiots

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100% about Pakistan. What a pit hole. Singapore these days is rather civilized but back in the day Monkey would be likely. To this day there is a 500.00 Sing fine if you are caught feeding a monkey. They hate those little pests. BTW For those that don't know Boogey street is gone. Vaporized/leveled and they built a theme park on top of it. No more fun of any kind in Sing

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree 100% about Pakistan. What a pit hole. Singapore these days is rather civilized but back in the day Monkey would be likely. To this day there is a 500.00 Sing fine if you are caught feeding a monkey. They hate those little pests. BTW For those that don't know Boogey street is gone. Vaporized/leveled and they built a theme park on top of it. No more fun of any kind in Sing

The fun I engaged in back then, remains unmentioned today.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, you use the spray paint to mark the old roadkill, when heading out in the morning, that way, upon return in the evening or at night, anything that doesn't have spray paint mark, you know is "fresh".... ;D

View attachment 1651559

That is a great idea, but seriously if you do not have a grill at work or a boss that understands your going to run a little late due to free jerky then it is time to start looking for a new job.

But it is a good idea.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea, but seriously if you do not have a grill at work or a boss that understands your going to run a little late due to free jerky then it is time to start looking for a new job.

But it is a good idea.
Its down right Brilliant!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
The fun I engaged in back then, remains unmentioned today.

Yeah man, those where good days. Can not mention it, but when you run into your old mates (who ever lived) you do not need to mention it, just smile.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah man, those where good days. Can not mention it, but when you run into your old mates (who ever lived) you do not need to mention it, just smile.

I forgot to mention Sattahip, Thailand. How could I forget Thailand?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I forgot to mention Sattahip, Thailand. How could I forget Thailand?

Edit: don't know how I got this second post.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather was very poor and he had a nasty drinking problem. He was a old school farmer and would eat anything. I spent alot of time around his place and never saw a cat...on a farm? One day my mom and I stopped by and when We came in his house smelled awful. He had a huge pot boiling. I took a peek and man was it nasty. I asked him what he was making and he replied....woodchuck stew. That smell and awful sight would make me choose cat over woodchuck anyday....I will tell you that.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather was very poor and he had a nasty drinking problem. He was a old school farmer and would eat anything. I spent alot of time around his place and never saw a cat...on a farm? One day my mom and I stopped by and when We came in his house smelled awful. He had a huge pot boiling. I took a peek and man was it nasty. I asked him what he was making and he replied....woodchuck stew. That smell and awful sight would make me choose cat over woodchuck anyday....I will tell you that.
If it stank that bad, it was Himalayan Wood Chuck Stew (see above) :)

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1651559

Thanks for clearing that up. What color do you use?

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chewing gum is banned in Sinapore because someone stuck some somewhere and screwed up the trains.
That's been years ago. I heard Singapore called Disneyland with the death penalty.
In Thailand the kids catch frogs to roast on a stick and sell.
There's a lot of yt vids showing the night life in Bangkok. I noticed the girls are getting some curves since McDonald's moved in :)

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we still haven't seen one cat recipe I am posting some alternatives.

creamed-possum.jpg
evangers hand packed canned mouse april fools.jpg
73b597a3-ac82-4134-896c-b3084a32961d_1.52d2fe84593e7229cd78c41a4ebd6df2.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread