The Equinoxia 1000 is shipping in limited numbers

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since someone brought up the Equinox 1000, I might as well reveal that I have had the Equinoxia 1000 for the past two weeks. It is simply too good to be true. It is manufactured by a start up in China called Weefooyou, Ltd. In the Jilin province in the North Korean free enterprise zone.

It is basically an exact copy of the Equinox 800 but has a large battery like the CTX 3030. The main difference is the 6” coil/ diamond drill head. When you hold the horseshoe button down for more than 4 seconds you enter the advance drill mode. This enables the 6” coil/drill head to spin at up to 1200 rpm allowing you to drill a very clean 6” diameter hole. You do have to stop every few minutes and use your hand to scoop out the pulverized dirt, roots, rocks and asphalt. It does eliminate the need for carrying around a shovel. Another drawback like the 800, the manual is only available in PDF download. Currently they only offer the Chinese version of the manual. But you guys with 600 and 800 experience won’t need a manual.

In this mode you can now hunt parking lots, hard clay dirt, bore through those pesky large roots and rocky areas. When in the advanced drill mode (after you pinpoint the target) you can press the plus or minus keys to activate the coil/drill head motor. The coil/drill head is carbon fiber with imbedded industrial diamonds. The motor is variable speed and starts to vibrate pretty bad at about 1200 rpm. The battery life using the drill mode is limited to about 30 minutes. They offer two batteries, so you can have one charging in your car while you are using the second battery. No there is no coil cover.

The drill shaft extends down in the center of the shaft from the motor housing located just under the 1000’s control unit. The last 8 inches of the drill shaft is a carbon fiber material. With the drill motor and heavy battery, the balance of the detector is a little off.

On my first hunt (pictured) it took me about 5 minutes to dig that hole in the asphalt. I recovered an old bent pull tab. I was hopping for something better since this is in a river park that is flooded a lot and figured I would get some silver coins protected by the asphalt from going even deeper in the sandy soil.

My arm did get tired after hunting and drilling with the 1000 for about 2 hours. Since I was drilling in the parking lot, my car was in the next parking space I think someone could rig up about a 30 feet battery cable and run this thing off your car while you are parking lot hunting. The drilling vibration caused more fatigue than the swinging, but swinging is kind of tough due to the 9 lb detector weight. I keep scraping the ground every so often and the diamond bits snag and halt the swing rather than a normal coil just scuffing along.

There is one major flaw. Sometimes in a deeper hole the coil/drill head gets stuck in the hole especially if you are drilling in asphalt parking lots. I contacted the manufacturer and they said the next update will allow you to reverse the coil/drill head direction and easily extract the coil/drill head. There is no information (in English) for the expected coil/drill head life. I noticed the drill diamonds are embedded in something like a coil cover that appears to be removable. Maybe when the drill/head gets dull you can just order a replacement drilling head.

It is kind of rough on your finds. At the lake it pretty much shredded a 14K gold chain I found. I just switched to the gold mode and found all the little pieces. I am coining a new term called gold slaw. It is all the same when you are going to melt it. When I complained to WeeFooYou they said they have a buffer pad attachment for $29.99 to use at home to buff out all the scratches on your gold rings and coins finds. Gee, these guys have really thought out this product. I am impressed.

I was hunting in park2 recovery speed adjusted to 4 and the iron bios at 0, using 5 tones. The temperature was 43 degrees. I have no idea how the rig will perform in hot asphalt on a 95 degree day in Atlanta.

My dealer told me there is a four month wait for the Noxia 1000. The price was $1,699. My salesman said Garrett is expected to add this drill head feature to their AT Big Max coming out in March 2019. Will this make all other detectors obsolete? Only time will tell. There are no plans for a 11” or 15” drill head/coil.

One benefit that I found that is not advertised is that it makes a damn good weed eater if you swing slowly in dense weeds, vines and other tangled brush. But you must have that second battery to use it as a weed eater. I suspect it will make short work of snakes, but I have not tried this since all the snakes in Atlanta are deep in their winter homes until next spring. For you environmental concerned guys you can make nice round owl holes in dead trees. I feel this is going to be a great detector for me since 95% of all my home sites I locate in metro Atlanta are under parking lots. I might even let Buford City Dawg try it out up his way.

My understanding that Tom_in_CA is the first dealer on the west coast and Mud Puppy in the east US. I am sure either one will take deposits if you send them some money.

Attachments

• equnoxia1000small.jpg
    equnoxia1000small.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 88

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sounds like the deal of a life time, should be orders pouring in in no time

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

Most Cities don't like us digging plugs in Parks even though we use the best care to refill our holes, so I don't think drilling holes in the asphalt or concrete slabs is going to go over very well.

Last edited:

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks OP, I got my preorder in!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yes. I am the exclusive West Coast dealer.

Any one that buys from me will also get a universal permit, . That allows you to hunt anywhere. Even sensitive federal monument, private property, etc....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a Chinese rip off, better known a counterfeit and you can not advertise it or offer info on buying it on TreasureNet.

Just reported it to Minelab too.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to hold back on your orders if you're located where we have snowy northern winters.
I found out yesterday that the heater coil attachment will be available by mid-December. Nothing can keep us from the "Cold Cash" now.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the, uh, yeah, PDF manual on the net. You forgot to mention the optional high power laser and antigravity attachment, used to replace the cutting head and just laser a hole and the anti grav unit will lift the dirt right into the air, and with careful motion of the controls, you can hover it over a sifting screen, release, and presto! Done!

The laser only reaches 2' as it's powerful enough to cut anything in half it encounters. It also says it's very good for felling trees up to 2' in diameter. and you can rip an old Buick apart in less than half an hour.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it true it will also decipher Beale codes as well as hook you up with beautiful Asian women who want to talk to you now?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that's also true. And the warning label specifically states to be careful using it around it the opposite sex, as it attracts them like ants to honey.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go straight to China to grab one right now if that is true. Maybe on a future update they could add brain scrambling waves so the women will stick around after they realize I'm holding the machine.
Otherwise I will have to pack around a lot of alcohol or counterfeit $100.00 bills.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the manual read, "Waders are a must when reading the specifications and list of bells and whistles that comes with the detector" unless you don't mind standing in several feet of Bull Sh$&??:icon_scratch::tongue3:

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the bulls are welcome! You can butcher one in 10 minutes with the detector as long as you don't cut one of your own arms off.
Hyperbole at it's finest!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have a larger 18" coil for sale?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will make all others obsolere and it will dig for you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread