Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Inmates of West End dives..." lol. Went from artistic carving to mere flesh wounds. Must have been a dull razor.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have to share this,

An elder gent in my community told me this story in 1980. In the early 20th century a poor couple decided to get married. Having been generational laborers on a nearby estate the owner offered them an abandoned house for their wedding reception. During the celebration the white litenin came out and things got a little rowdy. One of the Bride's prior suitors threatened the Groom with a razor and when the Bride stepped in between them she sustained a slash wound to the abdomen. During the trial the Commonwealth's Attorney while questioning the Bride/victim made the questioning statement that it was his understanding that she, the Bride, was cut in the fracas? She replied "No that's not right!". The attorney asked "How so?" She replied "It was actually half way between the fracas and the belly button!"

This is an absolutely, verified, true event and is one of my favorite stories of all time!

Regards!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have to share this,

An elder gent in my community told me this story in 1980. In the early 20th century a poor couple decided to get married. Having been generational laborers on a nearby estate the owner offered them an abandoned house for their wedding reception. During the celebration the white litenin came out and things got a little rowdy. One of the Bride's prior suitors threatened the Groom with a razor and when the Bride stepped in between them she sustained a slash wound to the abdomen. During the trial the Commonwealth's Attorney while questioning the Bride/victim made the questioning statement that it was his understanding that she, the Bride, was cut in the fracas? She replied "No that's not right!". The attorney asked "How so?" She replied "It was actually half way between the fracas and the belly button!"

This is an absolutely, verified, true event and is one of my favorite stories of all time!

Regards!

Oh man, that is funny! I was expecting the house got burned down lol.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Prince, If they gave the banner for crazy true stories I'd get one for sure! Ha, Ha, Ha!

I've been fortunate all my life that I just have the demeanor that makes people talk to me! I could sit down on a bench with a bunch of old timers and talk with them enough to break the ice and next thing I knew they'd be competing for my benefit.

My two favorite stories are this one and a story about Harriet's House of Ill Repute, both from the same award winning source.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Prince, If they gave the banner for crazy true stories I'd get one for sure! Ha, Ha, Ha!

I've been fortunate all my life that I just have the demeanor that makes people talk to me! I could sit down on a bench with a bunch of old timers and talk with them enough to break the ice and next thing I knew they'd be competing for my benefit.

My two favorite stories are this one and a story about Harriet's House of Ill Repute, both from the same award winning source.

Start a thread for these kind of stories :) Those old timers seen some crazy stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread