Worth Fighting For
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiredman
  • 1 Post By Hillbilly Prince
  • 1 Post By Tiredman
  • 2 Post By Reanm8er
  • 1 Post By Reanm8er
  • 1 Post By against the wind

Thread: Worth Fighting For

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2016
    1185 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author

Worth Fighting For

Found this one in old newspapers. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worth fighting for.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	1659795
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12070 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    "Inmates of West End dives..." lol. Went from artistic carving to mere flesh wounds. Must have been a dull razor.
    Reanm8er likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

Oct 2016
    1185 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    I got some real interesting ones.

us
    Priv8ear

Aug 2018
    Shenandoah Valley Va
    WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
    3524 times
    I just have to share this,

An elder gent in my community told me this story in 1980. In the early 20th century a poor couple decided to get married. Having been generational laborers on a nearby estate the owner offered them an abandoned house for their wedding reception. During the celebration the white litenin came out and things got a little rowdy. One of the Bride's prior suitors threatened the Groom with a razor and when the Bride stepped in between them she sustained a slash wound to the abdomen. During the trial the Commonwealth's Attorney while questioning the Bride/victim made the questioning statement that it was his understanding that she, the Bride, was cut in the fracas? She replied "No that's not right!". The attorney asked "How so?" She replied "It was actually half way between the fracas and the belly button!"

This is an absolutely, verified, true event and is one of my favorite stories of all time!

Regards!
    Phil

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12070 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reanm8er View Post
    I just have to share this,

An elder gent in my community told me this story in 1980. In the early 20th century a poor couple decided to get married. Having been generational laborers on a nearby estate the owner offered them an abandoned house for their wedding reception. During the celebration the white litenin came out and things got a little rowdy. One of the Bride's prior suitors threatened the Groom with a razor and when the Bride stepped in between them she sustained a slash wound to the abdomen. During the trial the Commonwealth's Attorney while questioning the Bride/victim made the questioning statement that it was his understanding that she, the Bride, was cut in the fracas? She replied "No that's not right!". The attorney asked "How so?" She replied "It was actually half way between the fracas and the belly button!"

This is an absolutely, verified, true event and is one of my favorite stories of all time!

Regards!
    Oh man, that is funny! I was expecting the house got burned down lol.
    Reanm8er likes this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Priv8ear

Aug 2018
    Shenandoah Valley Va
    WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
    3524 times
    Hey Prince, If they gave the banner for crazy true stories I'd get one for sure! Ha, Ha, Ha!

I've been fortunate all my life that I just have the demeanor that makes people talk to me! I could sit down on a bench with a bunch of old timers and talk with them enough to break the ice and next thing I knew they'd be competing for my benefit.

My two favorite stories are this one and a story about Harriet's House of Ill Repute, both from the same award winning source.
    Phil

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12070 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reanm8er View Post
    Hey Prince, If they gave the banner for crazy true stories I'd get one for sure! Ha, Ha, Ha!

I've been fortunate all my life that I just have the demeanor that makes people talk to me! I could sit down on a bench with a bunch of old timers and talk with them enough to break the ice and next thing I knew they'd be competing for my benefit.

My two favorite stories are this one and a story about Harriet's House of Ill Repute, both from the same award winning source.
    Start a thread for these kind of stories Those old timers seen some crazy stuff.
    Reanm8er likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21341 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yep, used to enjoy listening to a few NYPD retirees.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

Sponsored Links