SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it finally happened. I'm done detecting for the season and am down in the basement when I hear the landline phone ring. I go up stairs to see if it's actually a call from somebody I know and the phone announces that the call is from, "000-000-0000"!

Great, now the telemarketers have gotten access to this non-existing number, hoping some sucker will answer the phone. I didn't and unfortunately they didn't leave a message either. Then I got to thinking, maybe it was Santa Claus calling from the North Pole. Is their area code "000"?

PB190121.JPG

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Santa Claus? We wish. I did a quick search, and apparently it happens a lot. Telemarketers, mostly.

OP
OP
SD51

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Santa Claus? We wish. I did a quick search, and apparently it happens a lot. Telemarketers, mostly.

Thanks Kray, wonder if they get a price break?

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a call one time from my own phone number. My name even came up on the caller ID.

Scammers and telemarketers will stop at nothing to try to get you to pick up.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
They use our first three digits then random last four. The thing is, our numbers in this area all have the same first four digits and most of the last three are similar. So similar that we are often calling the wrong number. Literally live in an area where we all know each other or of each other. So, if that fourth number is different we know it's a scammer or telemarketer. Getting them at work is the worst though. We have to answer that just in case it's a legitimate customer. Most days we get 10 calls in an afternoon and they're all google, amazon listings crud. If one of them does happen to be Santa, do you want me to put in a request?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Santa angle best. I dont even know how these telemarketers even make enough to buy ramen noodles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread