Luckenbooth Silver Brooch

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was lucky to find one of my favorite ever colonial relics! This is a Scottish Luckenbooth silver brooch. Likely a wedding or engagement gift. Apparently they were sometime used on infants to keep fairies from taking them? Being that many of my Scottish ancestors landed close to where I live in the early 1700s I have always wanted to find one of these. This is a great way to wrap up a season that is quickly coming to a close. It's also another killer find right before my cruise to the Caribbean. Not sure why but I always seem to hit a great find right before my vacations. A couple of years ago it was the pine tree shilling and cob. This one will do nicely. Thanks for looking my Colonial loving friends
IMG_0936.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_0943.JPG

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought yout had found it on the eighth of November.....now I know of your other secret:laughing7:......ahh a vacation......What's that?lol

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an unbelievable Luckenbooth. Lately I've seen a lot of single hearts, but this double is beautiful!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BEAUTIFUL FIND....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread