Found at Location of Colonial Port

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are some items found yesterday on the beach or in the shallow water. I am not sure if any is before 1800. The embossed bottle (James Bailey&Son Druggist Baltimore) and ceramic plate (Mayer) date around 1900. I have also found a Civil War button (Union). The larger pipe bowl has some decoration on it. Are all clay pipes considered "Colonial"? I go there for the arrowheads.

photo (89).JPG

photo (92).JPG

photo (94).JPG

Last edited:

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do wish this site had more activity , like you i want to learn shorewalker. i looked in the book by Bill Dancing and it seems to me like your pipes are early to mid 1800s. but im still trying to learn colonial to. not much help but i can guess. Can you find any type of makers mark or any lettering?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The one is completely plain. The other has a vine/leaf pattern and I'll have to get a magnifying glass to look for a makers mark. I have others that I have found there and elsewhere that I'll have to take a closer look at. I would love to find a whole one but as I look on beaches that prospect is unlikely. I'm in a very historic area so there are some possibilities...

I looked up the pipes as well and see that the size of the bowl and dimensions of the stem holes seem to control. Given the Civil War button and bullets, you are most likely correct on the dates. Have you found much?

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes i have found some colonial stuff, buttons and house hold pieces , but haven't found a pipe. its on my bucket list though.

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On clay pipes I think the more the bowl slants forward the older they are. I think!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread