willviking41

Dec 22, 2017
Yorktown, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400 // Minelab Equinox 600 // Garrett Pro Point AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialFinds1.jpg

These are the results of my third hunt, since moving to Virginia. Background: 7hrs of solo farm field detecting on a site that had been a plantation from the early 1700's thru the early 1900's, not shown is around 20lbs of parts and pieces of aluminum cans (I'm sure everyone here has a clear image/knowledge of those).

This was one of the most fun hunts that I have ever had, and, as of today, I'm starting to enjoy the move up from Florida a little more.

If anyone has any details on anything in the picture, I'm here to listen and learn. If not, I at least hope you enjoyed looking, like I enjoy looking at all of your cool finds.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
You do have some pieces there that are of the colonial era. I see a couple of shoe buckle fragments, looks like you have half of a spectacle buckle, a couple of other interesting brass pieces lower left that look early as well. Not so sure about the pocket watch stem piece. That looks a bit newer. Certainly some of those buttons and musket balls could colonial. Sounds likes like it is a good site to keep hitting in spite of all the aluminum slaw. Good job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread