Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time on in awhile folks.My Dad finally past this past saturday from his battle with lung cancer.Not had much sleep & am up tonight with not much to do.So thought I'd get on here & show one of the displays I just got done with.Each & everything you see in these pics. that will follow is all things me & my dad have found here on the coast of N.C.Anytime someone would like to see a close up of a piece I'd be happy to do that for ya.Over the coming days & weeks as I get time I will be setting up displays & working on this.So more will follow in time just have alot of things to do otherwise as well.So check back from time to time if you like.It will take awhile to go though everything & find all of it to display.Hope you all enjoy.I sure have enjoyed it with my dad.Thanks
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 121
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 113
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 132
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Upvote 0

darryl

Oct 13, 2012
timekiller said:
First time on in awhile folks.My Dad finally past this past saturday from his battle with lung cancer.Not had much sleep & am up tonight with not much to do.So thought I'd get on here & show one of the displays I just got done with.Each & everything you see in these pics. that will follow is all things me & my dad have found here on the coast of N.C.Anytime someone would like to see a close up of a piece I'd be happy to do that for ya.Over the coming days & weeks as I get time I will be setting up displays & working on this.So more will follow in time just have alot of things to do otherwise as well.So check back from time to time if you like.It will take awhile to go though everything & find all of it to display.Hope you all enjoy.I sure have enjoyed it with my dad.Thanks

Absolutely fantastic collection- sorry bout your Dad- you guys spent a lot of good times together by the look of this collection- take care

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
Holy crud!!! Those are some fantastic pieces. Thanks for sharing. I really love that larger dark colored point you held in your hand.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear about your father. My condolences to you and your family. Looking over all these artifacts, I can see the love you and your dad had for collecting. Cherish those times together forever as you hold each specimen in your hands and think about where each was found & the good times y'all had together hunting.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm completely serious when I say I just got choked up.. God bless. The collection is beautiful! And the artifacts are super too. Thank you very much for sharing with us a look at such a collection. Definitely to be honored. I wish you and your family the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone as we only hunted alone for these,& I continue to do so It gives me pleasure to share my journey with the great people here at Tnet.
Love you Folks even though we don't always agree or see eye to eye I've been here long enough it's like I know some of you with out ever laying a eye on ya.
Pete,8-)

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
timekiller said:

I am so sorry for your loss. This hits close to my heart. We are the only two on the forum that I can think of that mention our dad frequently. I have thought before while reading one of your post, man, he sounds like me. Good old Carolina boy that hangs with his pops and appreciates life's treasures. Family and artifacts. I know this hit you hard bro. My dad suffered a stroke about 6 years ago, and I often think about what you are going through now. I hope you will continue to hunt. I have thought before, that if something were to happen to my dad, I probably would have to stop hunting. My dad was the one that got the ball rolling for me, at about age 4 or 5. Here I am 31 and we are still at it. Your collection reminds me of mine ( just a tad bit nicer than mine) I call dad's finds mine, and he calls mine his. It's our collection. Some pieces we actually argue over which one of us found it. I have an idea of how you must feel now, and it is a bad feeling. I'm so so sorry.

Your friend

Rusty

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
GatorBoy said:
I'm completely serious when I say I just got choked up.. God bless. The collection is beautiful! And the artifacts are super too. Thank you very much for sharing with us a look at such a collection. Definitely to be honored. I wish you and your family the best.

Dude! I'm crying! No shame.

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
My appologies for not giving my condolences in my earlier post. I just looked at your pics without reading your post. I wish to heck i had memories such as yours with my dad. I wish you well!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felt like it might be nice to introduce myself. Also... Those pipes!!! Wow! I hope this isn't inappropriate just thought it would be nice.

IMG_8898-1-enhanced.jpeg

PART_1337120671639.jpeg

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet I look like the milkman. Let's not joke all over his thread please.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Pete, always enjoyed your posts good to see you in American Indian Artifacts.....
Your collection is awesome

you guys musta hunted at burger king a few times I see some whoppers :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 86

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
SOHIO said:
Pete, always enjoyed your posts good to see you in American Indian Artifacts.....
Your collection is awesome

you guys musta hunted at burger king a few times I see some whoppers :icon_thumright:

I like that Sohio! I see a few whoppers also.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences to your and your family on the loss of your father. It's great to see that you keeping the collection intact and displaying it with pride. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

Question though, in those last two pictures on your first post, are those Beads or are they all Pipe Stems from Trade Pipes?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your Dad, cancer is a sad way to leave this world. I lost my Dad the same way 6 years ago.
He planted my first arrowhead where I would find it, we had a lot of good times together huntin' the fields for artifacts.
He died when I was 42, and I was feeling quite upset that he died at 68 as I was planning on having him around for a long time.
But then a guy stopped by I hardly knew, and told me how he found his Dad after he committed suicide when he was 12 years old. That really put things in perspective for me, and made me appreciate all the good years I had with my Dad.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you keep hunting and go to all of his favorite places when you go. Chances are he will be with you in spirit. That is a super collection the both of you created. PM me if you ever need to talk, your friend rock.

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timekiller: My condolence on the passing of your father. Sounds like he's a great man. I was wondering if you know what stone is in your image #12
They are awesome. Thank you for sharing all. Katdancing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread