Made the top of my favorites list! There is more in there.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
If I find 3 or 4 good points in a year it's banner to me. This is my 4th of the year, (if it snows my last :-\ ) and my best yet.

The site I have had a concrete pad being poured, the pile of dirt that was dug made me drool! I had to stop Sat. after work and take a peek. I spot a rock? Not this time..............I pull it out slowly..............scream just a little, happy dance, run off to the property owner to show it off! He is thrilled with my find and tells me I should screen the dirt for him. :thumbsup:

Now I know better than to screen, I never find a point when I screen. :icon_scratch: I have screened Tri-axle loads of dirt, not a one. I can walk along and spot one piece of cake, never screened one? I spent a few hours shoveling dirt and only came up with shards? There is plenty more so I will see if Ican screen one out, after I eyeball the pile of course. :wink:

Here is the sweetest Cache blade, just over 2" long. If you notice the tip, it was well used and carried for many a year.

Attachments

• indian knife 1.JPG
    indian knife 1.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 700
  • indian knife 2.JPG
    indian knife 2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 707
  • indian knife 3.JPG
    indian knife 3.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 705
  • indian knife4.JPG
    indian knife4.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 694
  • indian knife 5.JPG
    indian knife 5.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 706
Upvote 0

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Re: Made the top of my favorites list!

Great point,great find.That's a screamin' point if I ever saw one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

those are neat sis! Congrats on some neat finds and record finds too!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great find. I would definitely be screening that dirt pile no matter what kind of luck you've had in the past. There may an entire cache of those blades in there.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Ohio_Doug

Dec 5, 2007
Southeast Ohio

DorkFish said:
Great find. I would definitely be screening that dirt pile no matter what kind of luck you've had in the past. There may an entire cache of those blades in there.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Very nice blade, like DorkFish said, I would definetly be screaning that dirt. You won't know what all is in there until ya do :wink:

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Thanks folks! I will screen my little heart out, I'd think there would be another one or two. I'll be back at it tomarrow afternoon. Wish me luck!

DesertWalker

Sep 16, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Sweet! Cache blade....where are the others?

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have no luck screening either, but if the dirts piled up, soft n loose, I'd be screening, nice find. Congrats.
I hope you find more. Good luck CG.

Molly.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Thanks so much for enjoying this one with me. :) I dug and I dug..........I have about 4 more piles like the ones shown. :tongue3: Got a small keeper out of it. My fingers don't do the size justice, I have a tiny finger. I did dig up some shards, broken plates, and a bunch of nails, kept them all. I'll keep at it, but it may take a while! :D

Attachments

• indian marble3.JPG
    indian marble3.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 548
  • indian marble 2.JPG
    indian marble 2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 549
  • indian marble 1.JPG
    indian marble 1.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 549

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

wow! You got a job there Sis...go get Ty and a screen....oh, and video tape it too! ;D ;D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

I can not tell a lie..........I have had 20 or so shovels fulls thrown for me. :wink: Gotta do what ya gotta do? ;D Where is th flutter the eyelash smiley? :D Ty comes this weekend. Right shovel dirt? Ride Go-cart? ::)

Johnny, I'm pretty sure it's very early ceramic. Very light and found in the same vacinity of the blade.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

ahhhh Sis I see you need more practice....shovel dirt is fun too and you can claim it is payment for the go cart ride! rofl You guys are gonna have a blast..make sure and send me pics!

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like a gaming stone. Keep diggin' you are doing great & toning your muscles too. lol.
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us CG.

Molly.

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO

Since it's sandy...you should cut off the bottom of a five gallon and put a "screen"/ "hardware cloth" at the bottom then fold it up then screw down tight. :thumbsup: Then shake it! 8)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

I am pretty happy to pull that little stone out, a sceened find. :thumbsup:

That material just looks sandy because the sun has dried the outter edges. It is mainly loam, that is why he wants it screened, get the rocks out and mix the sand into the loam. He can then spread the loam and not have it rocky. I may have been conned just a tad? :wink: But so far it's worth it!

I bet I can get a few shovels fulls out of Ty, but just a few. I even tried to get Micki to dig for me, she did stand up there with me and watch. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread