Copper knife blade or arrow point?

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Here is part of the post I have said I was going to do over a year ago. I had some comp. difficulties. I found these copper artifacts in the upper peninsula of Michigan around the late 1980s, where an Indian tribe was known to inhabit the island. I still have to post my bronze item, which looks like a knife blade or arrow point also. The pictured copper blade is about 2" or more inches long. Hope you enjoy the finds. HH p.s. I think the copper lief is a trade item that the Indians wore, but I am probably wrong.

90000.jpg

Attachments

• 22972.jpg
    22972.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 435
  • 45291.jpg
    45291.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0
The leaf definately looks to be of European origin, but the bottem peice looks to be a knife blade or spear point to me. Neat stuff there. Not much in the way of copper here except in early Caddoan burials, which means I aint likely to find any of it.
Thanks for the look.

A

archaeon

that is an over-and-under copper soft boiled egg median scraper tool. lol, just kidding...but it does look like a butter knife.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Bottom one is a knife. Left and right look like unfinished "boogers" and the leaf I don't know, it must be of European origin but I haven't seen anything like it before in the fur traders stocks. I'm curious to see your bronze piece, I'm guessing it's actually a copper artifact that was found in the water though because these water polished copper pieces often take on the look of being made of bronze.

OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Thanks for your posts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread