Okie Loot Part 3

sidmind

Nov 10, 2008
My 4th weeked searching for Artifacts. Thanksgiving started out great, I woke up very early and searched by myself and found the two broken points and the broken drill, then myself and my wife went out after a nice Thanksgiving day lunch, and she found the Red drill, Friday we went out again and within 10 minutes she found the "dalton" drill ??? and the bird point.
it wasnt untill 5 hours later I got lucky and found the big knife. I am not sure what kind of knife it is or it's style. anyone know?

Saturday we headed out again in the blistering cold and she found a very nice but broken bird point.

I was very proud of this knife, it looks a little broken but I assure you it's not, all the edges look great. it was made a little "off" it looks much better sitting in my hand than it does with the photo, I found it on the edge of a river channel and only a 1 square inch of it was showing, at first I thought it was another broken knife untill I cleaned all the sand off. you would not believe the noises I made to let my wife know I found something. I sounded like a teenage girl after a Jonas brothers concert. (dont ask how I know what that sounds like)
IMG_9107.JPG

Dalton drill ? who cares if it's been conveted to a drill, I was proud of my wife's find.
IMG_9108.JPG
IMG_9106.JPG
IMG_9113.JPG
Too bad they were broken, (my finds before the turkey lunch)
IMG_9121.JPG
IMG_9117.JPG

My wifes great find.
IMG_9102.JPG

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds sidmind. Those two Drills are very nice, especially the Dalton Drill. Very cool find right there.

Congrats to you and your wife on your finds and thanks for the pictures.

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Very nice finds. The dalton is a screamer of a drill. very nice. Congrats. John

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
You are on a great spot to find artifacts, if you haven't already figured that out for yourselves, LOL! Keep at it, and sharing the finds with us all. Best of luck!

badandy

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
There are so many Dalton "drills" I've seen like that. I'm starting to think they're just exausted points.

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
It looked like it was a notched point that was
made into a drill. Look at the flat edges above
the ears. Then between the flat edges and the
ears, there are indentations that look like the
end of a deep notch. I'd have to see that one.
Neat find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread