55.8 KB · Views: 352
  • collection 007.jpg
    collection 007.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
You have a couple of really fine crystal quarts, you have the material for the Carolina's but I don't see enough Morrow Mts.for south part of N.C. maybe Va. or E. Tn.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankyou for posting the pics for me HB. They are definetly NC/VA points, without a doubt.
You have a variety of types. From Early Archaic 8000BC-5,000BC. Middle Archaic 5,000BC-2,000BC. Late Archaic 2,000BC-1,000BC.
Now NC have similar types to VA but have different names.

First pic I see Stanly, Maccorkle or Kanawha Stemmed, Savanah River Stemmed, Morrow Mountain, Southampton (VA Type), Halifax (VA Type),
Dismal Swamp (Middle point) or Garth Slough, Kirks, Rowan.

Second pic, Large Quartz is a 'Savanah River', probably an hafted blade. Kirks, Otter Creek, Southampton.

Third pic, The Translucent Quartz is an 'Halifax' (VA Type), one of my favourite Quartz type. Guilford Round Base.

If you would like me to be more specific, I can be but would need them split up on each pic.
It's like looking at my own collection. :D

If I had to hazzard a guess I would say you have WVA/NNC. The Otter Creek throws me a little maybe they are from further up into VA.
Hope this helps you HB.

Nice collection. :thumbsup:

Molly. :)

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you enjoyed them Molly.I need to get them in a frame since there all loose in a box.Haven't opened that box in a couple of years. HH HB

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HB, I would like to see the frame, when finished. I have a nice frame of NC/VA brokes, they still look great.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread